Pets in your Will?

I'd say your sister ruined her own life. The dogs were ancillary to her problems with family members. Dog training classes would have been way cheaper than a divorce. I think you could rent out dogs that would run off adult children who linger around the homeplace after becoming adults, too!

:D Just sayin'...
That is one viewpoint. True, she didn't need a lot of help from the dogs, but they were certainly the finishing touch.

People on this board are madly in love, and will adjust to their spouses come hell or high water (except of course an affair), but for many people there is always a balancing act, and there is such a thing as the last straw.

I know a lot more people who have jettisoned spouses than who have retired early. (Again, excepting this board.)

Ha

It's tough to get along without a pussy :cool: ...

Hey mods - don't be so quick to censure me. DW had a lot of cats in her youth. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Vader Kitteh.jpg
    Vader Kitteh.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
That is certainly one viewpoint. True, she didn't need a lot of help from the dogs, but they were certainly the finishing touch.

People on this board are madly in love, and will adjust to their spouses come hell or high water (except of course an affair), but for many people there is always a balancing act, and there is such a thing as the last straw.

I know a lot more people who have jettisoned spouses than who have retired early. (Again, excepting this board.)

Ha

Hmmm...sounds like a good subject for a government funded study - Do people who retire early get along better with their spouses. Or at least have a lower divorce rate? I know DW used to get really tired of having me come home from w*rk and piss and moan about my boss and all the office politics. ER facilitated the removal of a serious point of stress in our relationship.

I think that Harley's point is a good one, though, because people who have expensive divorces have a harder time early retiring than those who have kept the old ball and chain around all those years.
Having said that, I think the key to happiness is having low expectations all the way around.
And yes, after living with DH on a 28 foot sailboat in the oppressive Bahamian heat one summer, you really can find out how well you get along when you are living in those close quarters!

Our only pets now are the squirrels that thieve my garden and the birds that nested on our porch. It simplifies getting away on a spur of the moment road trip.

As for getting along in early retirement, I am planning a BIG detached garage with amenities... and a good lock...and soundproof...no phone.... My DW is all for it but wants it to lock from the outside.

I do remember an actual study about happiness and housing that found the happiest had two bathrooms.

Back
Top Bottom