Played Golf Today.............

Jarhead* said:
Dan: Compliments to your pro and your diligent work ethic at the range.

Your follow through is very Ben Hogen like. 8)

For a lesson in never giving up, tune into the Jay Leno show on May 4th.

102 year old Elsie is going to be on, as the oldest verified hole in one producer ever. Happened a couple of weeks ago, and she needs an agent. ;) She plays 5 times a week, and is a little emberassed that it has taken her so long for a hole in one. ;)

Thanks Jarhead....I'll put May 4th on the calendar.... :D ok, I confess...that's BH hitting his 1 iron to win the 1950 US Open - a little after getting hit by the bus....I'll be in Fort Worth in May...going to check out where he lived and the range at Shady Oaks Country Club where he hit those millions of balls...I only hit 300 today.....Yes, I have a bunch of BH clubs...some from the 70's....kind of a devotee, but I'm not dangerous or anything... :) Here's a link to the story on Hogan's swing secret as told by his long time caddy after BH's death...cup your left wrist...run your right knee at the ball....and don't forget to open your left hip OKLib! :)

http://www.golfdigest.com/majors/masters/index.ssf?/majors/masters/gd200404hogansecret.html
samclem said:
Jeanne Carmen, superb Golf Trick Shot Artist from the 1950s--swinging those hips.
Nice one Sam...that will help to replace that other image in my dreams tonight...

OMG...

speechless-smiley-006.gif

I think I like the rhino-in-a-thong better...

curse you OKLib for putting that picture on the thread....in the interest of burying it deep in the thread I went out and googled a tasteful picture of proper hip movement...

Natalie Gulbis LPGA pro....I'm going to start watching the LPGA with this new dresscode they have...
img_507220_0_42808b7ad1d87d8c9a6c243e4e00331a.jpg

DanTien said:
fair enough....just swing those unmentionables..oh jeez..just got a gander at your uh, unmentionables...listin', OK.. first of all, those are not cute and second... if you can learn to turn those, uh, at impact you're gonna be way past 150yards...good luck with the golf OK :)

..I just spent 4 beautiful hours swinging my hips...nobody tells me that anything bout me is cute... my goal this year is to be mistaken for a senior PGA tour golfer..here's my swing:
img_507233_0_6f74a67479b55cf2bf9bfc18c9ea9b66.jpg

ROFL!!!

DanTien said:
curse you OKLib for putting that picture on the thread....in the interest of burying it deep in the thread I went out and googled a tasteful picture of proper hip movement...

img_507233_1_42808b7ad1d87d8c9a6c243e4e00331a.jpg

And as it's served it's purpose (exceedingly cheap laugh), I'll help bury it. (inspired me to keep up the treadmill workouts though, I'll say that...)

Re: your photo: Dang. nice...erm...*finish*. But wouldn't she have chafing issues in that? Well, to each their own. And I will remember to keep my left hip (which I like to think resembles Natalie Gulbis's...a little...if you really squint...) open.

Worked on short game today in class--I can hit a tolerably good chip shot for a newbie, though my consistency still isn't where I'd like it to be...Oh darn, I'll have to keep hitting the range after w*rk. I gotta say, this game is addictive. I see many hours and dollars spent in my future. :)

DanTien said:
Natalie Gulbis LPGA pro....I'm going to start watching the LPGA with this new dresscode they have...
This trend is a little alarming-- I sincerely hope Fred Daly has never worn Speedos...

Nords said:
This trend is a little alarming-- I sincerely hope Fred Daly has never worn Speedos...
...don't want to see any male in a speedo on a golf course, especially John Daly...I think JD swings his gut instead of his hips...
img_507365_0_3f46ed5d74eb2c4f3b5edb3ffd119d05.jpg

Nords said:
[Insert USAF career/retirement jokes here...]

You know they're building an Air Force base when they begin with the golf course, then the O Club, and when they run out of money they run to Congress to fund the runways.

SoonToRetire said:
You know they're building an Air Force base when they begin with the golf course, then the O Club, and when they run out of money they run to Congress to fund the runways.

You're just jealous cause we have our priorities straight!

REWahoo! said:

I used to razz my niece and nephews - the Navy wouldn't give them their officer's commisions until they learned to golf.

Absolutely mandatory for 'an officer and gentleman/persons.'

heh heh heh heh

DanTien said:
...don't want to see any male in a speedo on a golf course, especially John Daly...I think JD swings his gut instead of his hips...
img_507418_0_3f46ed5d74eb2c4f3b5edb3ffd119d05.jpg

Not pretty, but I would take that swing............ ;)

REWahoo! said:

Actually that's better than the Navy bases that start with the COs quarters, then the XOs quarters, then the big decorative anchors and if there's anything left over they build some docks.

SoonToRetire said:
Actually that's better than the Navy bases that start with the COs quarters, then the XOs quarters, then the big decorative anchors and if there's anything left over they build some docks.
Nearly eight years at training commands... I became an expert at digging loose change out from behind sofa cushions.

I'm happy to report that after over a decade of bulldozing & rebuilding Hawaii's Pearl Harbor-area base housing, they're just about finished with the enlisted housing and beginning the officer housing. Of course they started with the senior officers first, but now they're getting to junior officer places that were built right after WWII.

Back
Top Bottom