Played Golf Today.............

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Front nine:

Parred first hole with luck. Then shot 13 over on the next 8 holes........... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back Nine:

Hit 6 of 7 fairways, 6 greens in regulation, shot a 39!! :eek: :eek:

My round? 49 +39 = 88...........

WHY does it always take me 9 holes to warm up? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My timing isn't right until the back nine either. But, yesterday on the 10th hole I got the ball through the windmill blades and on the 15th I got it right into the dragon's mouth just as he opened it.

samclem said:
My timing isn't right until the back nine either. But, yesterday on the 10th hole I got the ball through the windmill blades and on the 15th I got it right into the dragon's mouth just as he opened it.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I was shooting 4 under when all of a sudden I approached the 16th hole, and my xbox rebooted all of a sudden!

Went out to the practice range for an hour this afternoon--had a seminar for w*rk that ended early. 2 PM on friday and the place was 3/4 empty, all retired-looking guys who kept their noses in their own business and didn't feel the urge to constantly interrupt the nearby "little lady" with unsolicited swing tips and commentary. :mad: Relaxing time was had (as I said, I had no need to give any withering stares to some nosy wanna-be Butch Harmon with a nasty shank of his own), and I went over 125 yards, dead center with my 5 iron on the next-to last shot of the bucket--not too bad for someone who's been playing for 3 weeks, IMHO... (Of course I topped about 25% of the balls in the bucket too, but hey, learning curve! :) )

samclem said:
[Insert USAF career/retirement jokes here...]

I played golf only one time. Went out with brother-in-law and rented golf clubs at the place (club had a rule against two people playing with one set of clubs -- gee, I wonder why).

Wound up for my very first swing, prepared to the be the first person to get a hole-in-one on his very first hole. I swung and ... the head of the golf club came off and went sailing down the fairway.

FinanceDude said:
Front nine:

Parred first hole with luck. Then shot 13 over on the next 8 holes........... :eek: :eek: :eek:

sounds like me...except i'd be shooting a 13 over on EACH of the next 8 holes...

OKLibrarian said:
Went out to the practice range for an hour this afternoon--place was 3/4 empty, all retired-looking guys who kept their noses in their own business and didn't feel the urge to constantly interrupt the nearby "little lady" with unsolicited swing tips and commentary...some nosy wanna-be Butch Harmon with a nasty shank of his own), and I went over 125 yards, dead center with my 5 iron on the next-to last shot of the bucket--not too bad for someone who's been playing for 3 weeks, IMHO... :) )
...try turning those cute hips and your hands over at impact....you'll have that five iron above 150 yards in no time... :cool:

DOG52 said:
How about a pic of those cute hips? :cool:

1162910844.jpg

OKLibrarian said:
Hey, you asked for it...(on several levels) :D

That pic made me throw up a little in my mouth............ :LOL: :LOL:

OKLibrarian said:
Only one guy gets to call my hips cute, and he ain't a golfer. ;)
fair enough....just swing those unmentionables..oh jeez..just got a gander at your uh, unmentionables...listin', OK.. first of all, those are not cute and second... if you can learn to turn those, uh, at impact you're gonna be way past 150yards...good luck with the golf OK :)

..I just spent 4 beautiful hours swinging my hips...nobody tells me that anything bout me is cute... my goal this year is to be mistaken for a senior PGA tour golfer..here's my swing:
img_507099_0_6f74a67479b55cf2bf9bfc18c9ea9b66.jpg

DanTien said:
..I just spent 4 beautiful hours swinging my hips...nobody tells me that anything bout me is cute... my goal this year is to be mistaken for a senior PGA tour golfer..here's my swing:
img_507120_0_6f74a67479b55cf2bf9bfc18c9ea9b66.jpg

Dan: Compliments to your pro and your diligent work ethic at the range.

Your follow through is very Ben Hogen like. 8)

For a lesson in never giving up, tune into the Jay Leno show on May 4th.

102 year old Elsie is going to be on, as the oldest verified hole in one producer ever. Happened a couple of weeks ago, and she needs an agent. ;) She plays 5 times a week, and is a little emberassed that it has taken her so long for a hole in one. ;)

Hey,

I'm the opposite. Shot 47 on the front today. Had a few beers. Shot a 38 on the back with a 7 on the 18th hole...

Why is it called golf?

SH^T , F*&^ and God damn it were all already taken...

W

Jeanne Carmen, superb Golf Trick Shot Artist from the 1950s--swinging those hips.

Attachments

• Jeanne carmen.JPG
    Jeanne carmen.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Jeanne carmen.JPG_thumb
    30.2 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom