Poll: Do you go topless?

Do you have any of the following?

• A convertible vehicle or a motorcycle.

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • A land vehicle with a sunroof.

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • Nope, just plain old hardtops.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I didn't vote cause my answer isn't an option (there's always someone)...

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
In case you wonder what prompted this, it's a gorgeous sunny 65F here in Chicagoland today and it feels even warmer - March 13th!!! I have shoveled a foot of snow right here in March many years past. Maybe Al Gore is on to something (jk, please don't take this thread there...)

And DW was scolding me for even thinking about buying a car without a sunroof yesterday...I'm not even buying a car for a few years, I'll show her!

Last edited:
I've only owned one convertible. It was fun for a summer, but I've gotten [-]too[/-] more pragmatic in my old age. :LOL:

My midlife crisis car is chomping at the bit to go for a ride. I welcome any and all spring rains to wash all the road salt away so I can do just that.

Part B of the answer...yes, when I was on a beach on the island of Crete in 1996. And also on a beach on Mikonos in 2006. >:D

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
OMG - I thought you were talking about the old farts at our neighborhood pool - one of the downsides of living in a 55+ community. I usually wait till off season to enjoy the swimming facilities.

My Venza has not just one, but TWO very big sunroofs. I especially love them during pleasant weather like today's.

Attachments

• sunroof.jpg
    sunroof.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
I took my M6 convertible down to Phoenix from Canmore last fall. Can go topless most days there. love it. Big reason why we bought a house there. Snow storm here in Canmore today. Ugh!!

The sunroof in my car has a stripped track and doesn't work well anymore, yet my wifes car is doing just fine. Don't know if it's work fixing so well see come summer.

Never owned a vert, maybe since the summers aren't very long in our parts.

421770_2939373617567_1657957258_32941103_1133026663_n.jpg

I usually have the sunroof open in my Monte Carlo.

What's a sunroof (my '02 Stang)? And yes, the top was down today...

Attachments

• Mustang.jpg
    Mustang.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 253
We have a Miata. I dislike driving it with the top down, but DW enjoys it.

In the past I have owned as many soft-tops (convertibles and roadsters) as I have fingers and toes. At present: 3 soft-tops; 2 sunroofs; 8 motorcycles.

Maybe this is why I had to see the dermatologist this morning to have a few pre-cancerous areas on my face and arms hit with liquid nitrogen.

I have 4 bicycles, 3 motorcycles and a 300zx Twin Turbo with a T-top in my garages. So yeah, topless works for me.

Both my sedans have sunroofs. Can't remember the last sedan I had without a sunroof. Am shopping for a small convertible that can also carry a set of golf clubs in the trunk.

But the jet ski is my favorite toy.

I have had several cars with a sun roof. In fact, my current minivan has one, which is not opened too often.

I never own a convertible but have rented one for vacation in several occasions. A sun roof just cannot compare to the real topless for vacation driving and sightseeing. Had it been a daily car, that pleasure might just wear off.

My Venza has not just one, but TWO very big sunroofs. I especially love them during pleasant weather like today's.
That's awesome!

Staid sedan down.
Had MG Midget from 1973 to 1983.

Back when, and for a short while, I once had an American Motors Ambassador (not the one pictured):
1967-1969-amc-ambassador-dpl-and-sst-1.jpg

What a POS.

It rained and snowed here today. Too cold to think about top down weather.

Yep, here in Vegas topless it is almost mandatory. Read into that sentence anything you wish. ;-)

Last edited:
My Wrangler in Az went topless almost all the time until I sold it a few years ago. Usually take the Corvette out topless, but its still in winter storage. I did take DW's Acura out today with the sunroof open. Great day - butterflies are out in Il already.

Although DH detests them, I love sunroofs. He wanted some of the other features on his van so he got the sunroof over his objections. I rarely get to use it even when I'm driving since he's usually along for the ride. But my Prius sunroof is open quite a bit, especially at this time of year. Love it!

Back
Top Bottom