Votes: 74 42.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 42.8%
  • Unsure/Havent Tested

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • No interest

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters
INFP, I’m told. Not sure I buy it. Supposedly, I’m an idealist but I think life is teaching me to lower my expectations.

Intp-a

Thanks for posting the link to the previous poll. I had taken the test a while back and I could not find my results that I know I saved. That older poll shows that I voted ISFJ. So now I need to go find what that means.

I was curious as to what my results would be today compared to the poll taken in 2014 so I took it again. My results were the same.

ISFJ-A The Defender.

Last edited:
ISTJ, and absolutely me; I am a certified MBTI practitioner. Also, a strong C in DiSC.

In my earlier working years, I was INTJ as were a number of others. As I "matured" (OK, just got older), I was ENTJ.

Now, I am DGAF. :D:D

If MBTI were a scam I would expect the poll results here to largely match the general population's distribution of types. Instead, we find certain MBTI types are more likely to FIRE.

+1 it's been largely discredited recently. It's about as meaningful as your astrology sign IMO.

Unlike your sign, your type also changes based on your experience in life, and the questions asked, and how self-aware you are.

Maybe not. If I hadn't taken a Myers Briggs test as a teenager, I probably would not have gone into engineering, which I knew very little about. Engineering turned out to be a terrific fit and an enjoyable degree and career. So the test certainly helped me out! Well, directed my life as it turns out.

Last edited:
Whatever category “crotchety old curmudgeon” fits in...

:D Can I hear an amen!

Took the test on a temp job in 95 to see where we each fit on 'the team.'

INTJ

heh heh heh - never even heard of Meyers Briggs before. ;)

I(N/S)TP.

I'm a huge P, and equally split between N and S.

Female engineer, like a few others here.

I'm old enough that in college I was the only female in my class. Similarly, it was years before a smattering of female engineers started showing up where I worked.

I never felt that I fit in...still don't.

Doesn't worry me a bit. :LOL: Life is great!

omni

Last edited:
INFP

Megacorp paid for our group to take the test and sit through a bunch of silliness on how to leverage our personality types for the good of the program.

About 85% of the group were INTJ. I was the only INFP. I see in this thread that there are two of us so far.

Oh yes, we were asked pick out a picture of an animal that we identified with. Then we talked about what elements of our personality aligned with our "spirit" animal. I chose beagle because I raise beagles. Lots of eye-rolling as we listened to our managers and directors describe why they are eagles, bears, and lions.

I just took it, not even close to an INTJ.
ISFJ (introverted, sensing, feeling, judging) is one of the 16 personality types identified on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). ... People who have ISFJ personalities tend to be reserved, warm-hearted, and responsible.

Last edited:
The first time I did the MB was on a link here. I always knew I was an engineer from age 10.

As others have noted, the Myers-Briggs test is for nothing more than fun and games. Psychologists use the Big 5 personality traits to describe how people behave - Extroversion, Neuroticism, Conscientiousness, Openness and Agreeableness. It would be interesting to see where early retirees fall on these traits. I’d be willing to bet that conscientiousness is the characteristic that best describes everyone.

^ Interesting! I took the test and scored 96% conscientiousness & 95% Openness.

Last edited:
I just took it, not even close to an INTJ.
ISFJ (introverted, sensing, feeling, judging) is one of the 16 personality types identified on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). ... People who have ISFJ personalities tend to be reserved, warm-hearted, and responsible.
I just took it and came out ISFJ as well. I'm not sure if that's good, bad or irrelevant.

I never took this test, but two of my friends at work (both women) took the test for me and concluded INTJ. So that is how I am perceived, at least by them. I don't know what the other choices are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom