ENTP types are motivated by...
Debates and discussions about an issue OK
Parties or larger gatherings of people Not me
Creating original, exciting plans I'm totally unoriginal
Engaging with other quick-witted people Halfwitted on my part

Myers-Briggs ENTP & ESTP Motivations

ESTP types are motivated by...
Experiencing new places, people, and food Me, except I'm not a foodie
Attention from those around them As Dylan said "Some of the time, not all the time"
Building and creating new things Not really
Freedom to explore and encounter the world Definitely

Can't win 'em all I guess. Seriously, I know nothing about this stuff, and I'm skeptical by nature, but who knows?

I'm all about self-discovery but I don't really thing that MG holds much water.

I tested in the 80s as estj. At the time I had a tough job in a largely male-led field of commercial credit management. Being an ESTJ seemed a distinct advantage at the time.

Fast forward to last year- when I took an online test again for grins. Interesting- I was a STRONG ESFP. As if my thinking & judging abilities had abandoned ship. They have not, however the only financial analysis I do now is to benefit my own investing!

What I think has happened is I got to the "who cares" part of my life where I value feeling and perceiving much more than I did previously. It makes sense since I've been in the process of building my tribe post retirement, and the skillset required for that is more along the lines of when I worked in communications & PR. Bet I was an ESFP then too.

Personalities can change over time and to fit circumstances, I think (not your moral compass or anything but your outward manifestation).

Then again what do I know? I never took a psych class in my life. :D

Mine says: Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving.

"Perceiving"? I don't get it.

Perceiving - visionary tendencies - being able to look ahead, see outside the box. If you are intuitive too it can be hard to explain to others your great idea......

Last edited:
INFP, with high score in "F" Feeling
Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Perceiving

Perceiving - visionary tendencies - being able to look ahead, see outside the box. If you are intuitive too it can be hard to explain to others your great idea......

Apparently it's hard to explain my pathetic attempts at humor too? :LOL:

(Did you really think I didn't know what perceiving meant, or were you pulling my leg?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom