Votes: 74 42.8%
  • Unsure/Havent Tested

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • No interest

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters

Blue Collar Fire

Dryer sheet wannabe
After interacting with several other members, it seems that we have an abundance of members who have the INTJ personality profile. It's not surprising, given that the characteristics of that personality are very conducive to the notion of ER. Still, at only 2% of the population as a whole, INTJs are a rare breed. I was fascinated to find so many in one place sharing a common interest in FIRE. Made me curious... how many of us have tested as INTJ via the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?

Pretty close though, INTP

INTP, but the "P" is not strong

I have no personality.

Myers-Briggs is such twaddle.

I had a weird boss, years ago, who told me he was disappointed in me because I'd turned out to be an NF, not an NT like he thought.

I know I'm highly introverted. I don't know the other factors. I took the test once but can't remember my results. It was some flattering self-portrait, saying how insightful, noble, and perceptive I am. I'm sure it was 100% accurate, lol.

The scale doesn't have great research support, but it got a foothold in public consciousness, back when psychometric standards were weak, and it was helped along by great marketing, so it has a big following. Personally, I don't take any of the scales seriously, except for the introversion-extraversion axis. That one is for real, although M-B likely overestimates introversion.

This has been done here several times, but it’s been a while. INTJ & INTP were most common in the past.

No idea! Not really interested, did so many tests during my W%rking life though, Type A Analytical Expressive, however that compares.

After interacting with several other members, it seems that we have an abundance of members who have the INTJ personality profile. It's not surprising, given that the characteristics of that personality are very conducive to the notion of ER. Still, at only 2% of the population as a whole, INTJs are a rare breed. I was fascinated to find so many in one place sharing a common interest in FIRE. Made me curious... how many of us have tested as INTJ via the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?

Apparently I’m ENFJ

Extravert(44%) iNtuitive(22%) Feeling(9%) Judging(6%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (22%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (9%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (6%)

Not sure why Myers Briggs matters except for introverts to feel good being a minority

Last edited:
Lots of INTP's here.

I wonder if many of the 'J's don't actually ER because societal norms don't tend to encourage ER. P's, on the other hand, might not tend to have those concerns as much.

-gauss

Just threw away all my old work crap and found I was INFJ. F was very weak, J was very strong.
So remember, I'm out here judging your posts.

Read a bit about Meyers Briggs, seems it's as big a scam as I thought it was when megacorp paid to test all of us.

Myers-Briggs is such twaddle.
+1 it's been largely discredited recently. It's about as meaningful as your astrology sign IMO.

Unlike your sign, your type also changes based on your experience in life, and the questions asked, and how self-aware you are.

Apparently I’m ENFJ

Extravert(44%) iNtuitive(22%) Feeling(9%) Judging(6%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (22%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (9%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (6%)

Not sure why Myers Briggs matters except for introverts to feel good being a minority

You hit the nail on the head. INTJs comprise only 2% of the population with female INTJs even more unusual at less than 1%. We are very misunderstood by others and it begins to feel like we're aliens, all alone and nobody understands. MBTI shows us that we're totally normal, in terms of what "normal" is for folks with our personality profile, and that there are indeed others in the world who understand and can relate to us. Can't speak for everyone, but it sure helped me to finally be ok with who I am and stop trying to pretend to be someone else just to fit in.

Back
Top Bottom