Poll:Should I Tell This Joke?

Should I Tell The Joke?

• Yes

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 60.6%

• Total voters
I would only tell this joke if the venue is NOT "smoke free". YMMV

I'm gonna say "it depends" on this one. First, consider your audience. But second, consider that it's a pretty old joke. I haven't heard it in awhile, so maybe it's old enough to be new again?

I agree with MichaelB...try to work it in as an anecdote, like something you overheard, something your aunt told you, etc. That way, even though it's an old joke, you at least get a bit of a fresh spin on it.

But second, consider that it's a pretty old joke. I haven't heard it in awhile, so maybe it's old enough to be new again?
A comedian never changes the joke - they change the audience :LOL: ...

Any joke is new to another generation...

Last edited:
It depends on how much alcohol has been served.

If they're sober skip the joke.

If they're drunk they'll laugh at anything.

But really, it depends on the audience. Formal? I'd skip it. Very casual? It might go well and probably won't offend anyone.

Do what you think best, but if you tell it and offend anyone, I'd suggest you quit playing at [-]convents[/-] those venues. No one I know would [-]think it was very funny[/-] be offended. Your choice.

I didn't tell that joke. Instead I told this, completely clean one:

This place used to be a really rough bar, and at one point they were looking for a bouncer. A guy came in, and was told "We need someone who is really tough."

The guy said, "I'm really tough. To give you an example, today I was using a chainsaw in a tree, and I accidentally cut off my arm. I climbed down, picked it up, took it into the house, and used my wife's sewing kit to sew it back on. Then I went back to work."

The interviewer said, "Well, I can tell you're a pretty tough guy. You've got the job."

"I got the job? AWRIGHT!"

And at this point I put out my arms to show two thumbs up, but one thumb is up and the other is down.

It got a pretty good laugh.

Back
Top Bottom