Popular Mechanics responds to Rosie's 9/11 statements

Rosie is just a member of the Bavarian Illuminati spreading disinformation or she just has an opinion.

Does anyone really pay attention to her? Seriously I know there are right wing people who are crazy as her but man she is off the wall.

Mwsinron said:
Does anyone really pay attention to her? Seriously I know there are right wing people who are crazy as her but man she is off the wall.
How about "The Coulter/O'Donnel Show." It could run on the Comedy Channel.

i'm sorry but the only thing that comes to my mind is rosie in a hard hat working at a steel mill. not saying here that fire brought 7 down. likely was a combination of factors. but since when doesn't fire melt steel? fortunately, from what little i've seen of rosie, she seems to say more smarter things than dumb ones.

What amazes me is that comics don't make fun of her and that those close to her don't tell her the truth.

"Fire doesn't melt steel - check the physics."

I wonder what they do with all the steel in buildings when they tear them down? Does it go into the land fill?

It's kind of like listening to the "Voice of the Democratic Party" Jerry Springer on the old Air America network!

Regardless, hats off to the clever entrepreneurs who are getting rich from the American public via their ranting and raving: Rush from the Right, Jerry Springer from the Left and Rosie from outer space! ;) While we talk about 'em, they ring the cash registers. I'm disgusted by what they say and how they say it, but I gotta admire their business savy and their penchant for making a buck.

Is this a sign of the cult of celebrities that 1) they would quote her on something other than her "area of specialty" and 2) that a magazine would (feel obligated / wanted to get publicity by) correcting her.

Rosie is applauded by "The View"audience when she makes her statements and, apparently, the ratings have improved since she started. In many left-wing circles, she is considered a spokesman for their idealogy. Remember --- the right to free speech does not say the right to responsible free speech or scientficially founded free speech ---- or does it:confused:

janeeyre said:
Remember --- the right to free speech does not say the right to responsible free speech or scientficially founded free speech ---- or does it:confused:
I believe that the earth is flat and no one can stop me from saying so.

bssc said:
I believe that the earth is flat and no one can stop me from saying so.

Nope but we can urge you to jump off the edge (or in Rosie's case the View) :LOL:

clifp said:
Nope but we can urge you to jump off the edge (or in Rosie's case the View) :LOL:
Then I would land on one of the elephants that stand on the giant space turtle.

The thing I find amazing is that I have not heard anyone speak well of her. DW doesn't like her, people at work deride her... Who is her fan base?

I view her as another loud mouth entertainer that uses their notoriety to express her political views. She does not strike me as terribly bright. She uses the crudest form of Rhetoric... much of which is biased disinformation.

Anyway Rosie has a right to express her opinion. I have a right to tune her out. And I do!

A side note that is much more interesting than Rosie and her political view... Anyone ever read Aristotle's "The Art of Rhetoric". It is a great read. Nothing has changed in 2400 plus years. It is amazing! The same old ploys were used back then and in rome. The book I have gives some historical background along with the original text. Very Interesting!

Back
Top Bottom