Possible scam? Anyone see this yet?

razztazz

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This evening I checked my phone for messages. There was one text message waiting. It read:

"From: 1-855-553-6632

Red Riding (sic) has added you as an emergency contact. In the event of an incident or request for assistance, you will be notified. Contact this person to be removed."

I web searched "Red Riding" and the phone number and came up with nothing relevant. I even researched it with "scam." I have no intention of calling that number and contacting whoever picks up for obvious reasons.

Has anyone here gotten this message or heard anything about "Red Riding" legit or illegit?

Anything unsolicited from a non-contact number should be assumed to be a scam. Especially an 855 number. If it looks legit and is from a major corporation, call their direct listed number to authenticate. Yours looks like an obvious scam.

Anything unsolicited from a non-contact number should be assumed to be a scam. Especially an 855 number. If it looks legit and is from a major corporation, call their direct listed number to authenticate. Yours looks like an obvious scam.

That's how I am regarding it but it does not sound like any scam-o text message I have ever seen before. That's why I thought to run it through the mill here. Ya never know

illegit

illegit

New #. No History. Many searches. 3 signs it is not legit

Attachments

• Captlle.JPG
    Captlle.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 242
I can't believe you needed to start a thread to convince yourself. Lol.

I just dialed that number. I get 3 tones, low, med, high, then a message; you have reached a number that has been disconnected...."

I don't remember if it was the same message but I got something similar a week or two ago. In my case it gave me a link to click on if I wanted to be removed. I too assumed it was a scam.

I can't believe you needed to start a thread to convince yourself. Lol.

Ya know what made me give this one a second thought? Two weeks ago I was in the hospital with a heart attack and was thinking I might have been signed up for some "mutual emergency reciprocal contact network" program while they were going through my wallet and jamming some steel pipes into my heart. But of course I was signing papers while I was there so I "voluntarily" signed up for it.

razztazz, I'm glad you are still with us. How are you feeling?

razztazz, I'm glad you are still with us. How are you feeling?

Thank you for asking. I am feeling surprisingly well. I get waves of shortness of breath and have a low ceiling of exertion but that goes without saying. I'm weeks ahead on my walking / rehab program. It was getting boring so I said "Eff it! I'll crank this up and just stop if I get some bad feedback." Unwise? Maybe. But it's not hurting me. I hate paying somebody to mow the lawn because as everybody knows, they never do it right! And I'm cheap!

Sinful pleasures I've adopted:

Not working out other than the walking program

Eating more carbs. Noodles! noodles! Noodles! Finally! My excuse!

Ya know what made me give this one a second thought? Two weeks ago I was in the hospital with a heart attack and was thinking I might have been signed up for some "mutual emergency reciprocal contact network" program while they were going through my wallet and jamming some steel pipes into my heart. But of course I was signing papers while I was there so I "voluntarily" signed up for it.

Whoa! So glad you got past that terrible experience!

Whoa! So glad you got past that terrible experience!

It was of course, physiologically much more serious but I was more afraid of the kidney stone surgery I had 2 weeks earlier.

I gained some insight into "The Final Moment." Actually dying doesn't seem like it's that big a deal. I remember stopping next to my car and leaning on it ... then nothing... until my neighbor's voice calling 9-11 and some minutes later sirens and "big truck" sounds. I could tell I was on the ground but didn't seem to care. No panicky "I'm gonna die!" Had I been on the ground another few minutes OR if I had decided to just roll over and continue the nap I was taking in the house instead of calling the neighbor I would have just faded out quietly without sturm und drang.

Back
Top Bottom