Prelude to downsizing

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW and I plan to downsize soon, but on the advice of realtors we had some updating to do to our 20 yo house, included debrassing everything brass, removing wallpaper and repainting, new light fixtures/fans/door levers/cabinet knobs, etc. In the master bathroom we removed carpeting, faux marble, wallpaper, replaced all fixtures, added granite counter tops, new sinks and whirlpool tub, frameless shower and tiled the floor. After this, we are not anxious to have contractors in our home anytime soon, although we were pleased with the work and their cleaning up after themselves.

Here are some before and after shots of our updated master bathroom. It may be hard to tell from the pics, but this is a huge room that is about 24' x 12'. Everything came out real nice, so we thought maybe we should stay put:LOL:.
Nevertheless, this house is too big and has to much upkeep and expense, so downsizing does make sense.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    634.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    547.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    591.1 KB · Views: 8
Nice!

What kind of lip do you have on the shower. It almost looks wheelchair accessible.

Looks terrific! I recognize your old bathtub - we had the same model with the useless step in our previous house. We sold it with said bathtub intact - we just painted every room Kilim Beige (including over the wallpaper) and updated light fixtures (we had already decarpeted the bathrooms). We got a full price offer in less than 2 weeks - and that was in 2010. Hope your move goes as smoothly!

Have a similar set up to yours with all of the brass.. What's it run to get rid of all of it if I might ask?

Thanks Rodi and MBA!

What kind of lip do you have on the shower. It almost looks wheelchair accessible.

the floor of the shower is about 3-4" below the floor level, so I doubt it would qualify as wheel chair accessible

Have a similar set up to yours with all of the brass.. What's it run to get rid of all of it if I might ask?

I am not sure exactly what the brass swap out alone would cost apart from all the other work we had done throughout the house. Except for the frameless shower, the debrassing was mostly plumbing and lighting fixtures/fans, door levers and cabinet knobs, and painting three fireplace frames, so that part would probably not be that expensive, maybe $3-5K.

Back
Top Bottom