Prime Day Coming Up...

I bought a 2-turner version of Fire TV Recast off of Ebay last fall for $149 + tax and I really like it. We had a Dish TV Hopper before where any tv in the house could watch tv or view recorded video off of the DVR and the Fire TV Recast with an antenna and a Fire TV stick for each TV (which we already had) gives us similar functionality for $0/month rather than $65/month.

That said, the Fire TV recast is getting a little long in the tooth (first available in 2018?) so I also have been waiting for a new and improved version.

Thinking about a Roomba Braava Jet M6 for $299.

Note that the Amazon store credit card is giving an extra point back in rewards during the event.

[Edit to add] My Chase Amazon Visa card gave me an extra point in rewards, too.

Last edited:
The old laptop I purchased used 5 years ago went Tango Uniform last week, perfect timing for Prime Day. Had my eye on an Acer Swift 3 and Amazon reduced the price by $180 this morning so I jumped on it. Combined with another $200 in gift cards and points, my total out of pocket falls short of the "blow that dough" category.

Last edited:
OK - scored my $10 Prime Day discount on a purse, plus slightly higher rewards on the store card. The item had also dropped $3 since I almost ordered it over a week ago. Sweet!

Echo Show 10 for the kitchen, Addlon String Lights for the gazebo, and a great deal on Doggy Poop bags! Did I do good, or what?

DW and I have not seen anything we want right now. We MUST be full to the gills with everything we actually need or want in this life. I pity the kids that will have to deal with this mess of a house someday. Maybe they will just sell the place "as is" and let a new owner rent the 40 cubic foot roll off box.

It's a strange feeling to be "Amazon shopped out"!:D

$10 in promo gift card if you reload for $40, the 10 expires by August, but still a good deal if you shop amazon enough a no-brainer.

Fire TV Recast for $129 (500GB) is a nice deal for an OTA DVR. $179 for the 1TB.

I bought an Echo 4th generation for our house. $20 price reduction. We have an upstairs bedroom and using the intercom ("drop in" or "announce") feature I don't have to shout up to DW to communicate. Plus we will have some music upstairs now. I can sing in the shower. :dance:

Waiting for this, so I ordered a new a Kindle. They did not apply the $10 small business credit, so I complained via a help chat. The result was an offer of s $10 gift card, which is fine.

I had doubts whether the chat rep was human and did one case at a time or multiple. No doubt in my mind now. Chat took 25 minutes, every lengthy pause started almost from then beginning, credit offer was made early but still needed to confirm. No chat bot is this poorly trained, and agent is clearly overworked and not well trained.

Waiting for this, so I ordered a new a Kindle. They did not apply the $10 small business credit ...
Mine worked just fine. I picked out a $11 package of cashews and when I went to check out the $10 credit was already posted in the total. Net cost with tax was under two bucks.

I put two Prime deals in my cart, then when I went to buy they were regular price, How do I get it to recognize Prime Day prices?

EDIT, I see one of the items got the right price the other didn't. Do you only get one deal a day?

Second EDIT, I made two orders and got the Prime Day prices. Except for those pesky taxes.

Last edited:
Got a pair of Levi jeans. Not a huge price drop, but good enough.

I just read through about 10 pages of Prime Day "bargains", and still didn't see anything I'd want or need at any price.

I guess this is the "down side" of feeling perfectly content! :LOL:

At age 73 I seem to have reached the stage of life where I would rather donate or toss stuff than acquire more. We make a trip to Goodwill every week or two.

I just read through about 10 pages of Prime Day "bargains", and still didn't see anything I'd want or need at any price.

It seems like the layout is a but different than it has been the last year. I found it was showing me items that I have NO interest in. I tried clicking on some "banners" and some different categories but after about 20 minutes, I decided there wasn't anything on there that I wanted/needed. I still have a couple of Fire Sticks (still in the box) that I bought last year. :cool:

If you have a Prime Visa credit card you get 6% back instead of 5% for today (the 21st) and tomorrow. I made some purchases of items we routinely buy and would have bought within the next month.

Also, we did buy the other TV we wanted. The price was similar at Amazon and BB but the 6% back at Amazon made a difference.

Some items you get 10% rewards back. This is only if you use the prime store card.

Back
Top Bottom