Pumpkins

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
Let's see how good the ER folks are compared to the SLN folks. I posted in SLN asking for ideas to use pumpkins that were suopposed to become jack-o-lanterns but never got carved. I got "roast the seeds", "compost them", and "feed them to the squirrels/chipmunks".

What do y'all have to offer for recipes for pumpkins?

Pumpkin soup, bread, or pie.

Or cook it and eat it like squash. Some butter, maybe a little curry.

Or, cook it all (bake or boil), mash it up and freeze it and use later for pie, bread or soup.

I am not the cook in the family, so no recipes but a quick google search shows a bunch of recipes. Curry pumpkin soup is good.

I don't buy whole pumpkins any more, now that I live alone and my kid is grown and gone. But, I sometimes buy cans of plain, unsweetened pumpkin and make smoothies out of them, with skim milk, Splenda, and pumpkin pie spice. I know that probably sounds awful, but it makes a good and filling snack that fits in nicely with Weight Watchers' nutritional guidlines.

Then there's pumpkin pie, and pumpkin bread/muffins. I remember when I used to bake! I think I do! :2funny:

Like Martha, I don't do much cooking. The microwave and the GF grill are the extent of my cooking during the week, and on weekends we eat out.

Joke:

You know what West Virginians do on Halloween?

Pump Kin.

The real question is what do you do with all the extra stray cats lingering outside your back door? Build a Cat-apult. Wonder what the terminal velocity of a cat is.

Back
Top Bottom