R.I.P. to the Coal Miner's Daughter, Miss Lorretta Lynn

rk911

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
R.I.P. to the Coal Miner's Daughter, Miss Lorretta Lynn. Age 90 :'(

We scored tickets to see her at the Ryman a few years ago and again her locally a few years after that. Coal Miner's Daughter is in my top 5-movies. She will be missed.

Last edited:
Good long life, may she Rest in Peace

Really sorry to hear that. May she RIP.

True giant of Country Music. RIP

She was an icon of country music. RIP

I was around Loretta Lynn a few times when she first came to Nashville around 1962-63. She was fresh to town, and she was young, and very "country". And she was very down to earth--and nice.

I still don't know how she could have 6 kids so young and find time to put a million miles on a tour bus doing concerts.

DF played her songs often. I loved her voice.

Coal Miners Daughter was the first movie my and DW ever went to while dating. 42 years ago - time flies.

I love the statement that Alan Jackson said while being accepted into the grand ol opera. Something like - Loretta Lynn said I belong here. That’s all I need.

Saw her once in concert. Good show. She lived a nice long life and seemed to be one of the good ones of the entertainment biz. RIP

RIP - Loretta Lynn.

First time I ever went to Nashville was back when they had the fairgrounds for Fan Fair and the various artists would have their own booths to meet and greet fans for pictures and autographs and to say a quick hello.

I remember when spotting Loretta Lynn at her fan club booth. I didn't do a meet and greet (the line was long) but that was when it sunk in that "Yep. I'm in Nashville for country music") as she was already a legend by that time.

I did manage get in the scrum :) of the crowd and take a picture. Those were the good old days in hot and humid weather, going against a sweaty stranger to snap a photo of a celeb. Didn't get much better than that :LOL:.

I was fortunate to see her in concert a number of years ago. She did MC'ing more than anything (many of her family members were there singing and she would tell short stories before introducing them). She did sing 5 or 6 songs and was still belting them out with the vigor of someone 40 years younger. And of course, she was wearing the biggest and brightest pink dress I have ever seen!

Great voice, of course, but her songwriting was amazing!

Back
Top Bottom