Recent Photo

Nice to see y'all. I´m the squinting tourist on the right.

KarlIsa-missionSantaBarbara.jpg

Here's a group pic/film of us as we discuss touchy subjects on the forum....

:LOL:

I can see it now -- a lavishly illustrated calendar entitled "Men of Early Retirement" ($49.99 + postage). Someone could retire nicely on the profits. :D

Forget the etchings -- wanna come see my retirement portfolio? :LOL:

Instead of the body measurements like what's included in girlie calendars, we will have portfolio size, AA, and pension amount? :angel:

Instead of the body measurements like what's included in girlie calendars, we will have portfolio size, AA, and pension amount? :angel:

Maybe we could do a calendar like the Rystone & District Womens Institute in Yorkshire did to raise money for Leukaemia Research.

In their calendar, women in their 50's posed "nude" but had various objects such as plants, watering cans, baked goods etc hiding the naughty bits.

The men could have MF prospectuses, Stock certificates, Financial magazines, Estate Plans etc to hide their embarrassment.

PS
When the ladies of Rystone did it they hoped to sell enough calendars to raise a few hundred dollars to buy a sofa or 2 at the local hospital and ended up making hundreds of thousands. If you haven't seen the movie that was made in 2003, I highly recommend it Calendar Girls

Maybe we could do a calendar like the Rystone & District Womens Institute in Yorkshire did to raise money for Leukaemia Research.

In their calendar, women in their 50's posed "nude" but had various objects such as plants, watering cans, baked goods etc hiding the naughty bits.

The men could have MF prospectuses, Stock certificates, Financial magazines, Estate Plans etc to hide their embarrassment.

PS
When the ladies of Rystone did it they hoped to sell enough calendars to raise a few hundred dollars to buy a sofa or 2 at the local hospital and ended up making hundreds of thousands. If you haven't seen the movie that was made in 2003, I highly recommend it Calendar Girls

We did see that movie and enjoyed it.
Now, talk about hiding embarassment...:whistle:
Wait! I am still not in.

Thanks W2R...for showing us how to post photos! Well, here we go...I finally got white sage to grow!

Last edited by a moderator:

PS

A really great movie, that.

This is the young wife and me in the hills over Lake Maggiore in Italy (Summer 2007)

Attachments

• IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 59
What the heck, here is "the rest of the story"

this one has been in a couple of industry magazines, anyway...;)

You have a great smile! I seem to remember bumping into you at a party circa 1978. It was either you or Robert Redford. Hard to tell you apart;)

OK, I'm a little camera shy and do worry about posting photos on the net, but here goes. This is a picture of me helping with the set up a fund raising event for the animal shelter. We raised about $6000 that night.

Attachments

• Purron.jpg
    Purron.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 60
More photos! Antmary, Gumby, and Purron, thanks! There you are. You all look terrific. :D

Nice sum of money, but still not as much as the ladies of Rystone did... :angel:

The Ladies of the Animal Shelter might do that if we could raise a couple mill for the shelter;)

Most have you have seen my mug from meet-up pics, so I'll spare you. But I am impressed at the genuinely happy demeanor of all of us. A few matched my mental image but most were quite different from what I expected.

The Ladies of the Animal Shelter might do that if we could raise a couple mill for the shelter;)
I'll donate a pic of me holding a birdie....and make a donation...:greetings10:

Attachments

• DSC00695[1].jpg
    DSC00695[1].jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 51
Most have you have seen my mug from meet-up pics, so I'll spare you. But I am impressed at the genuinely happy demeanor of all of us. A few matched my mental image but most were quite different from what I expected.

The happy mood of the thread comes through very strongly. When I got back in this evening after a day out I was several pages behind on the thread and have really enjoyed browsing through and seeing all the photos and comments.

Thanks everyone :flowers:

This is me close to the top of Mount Borah about a year ago. I'm the one in the black jacket trying to look like I know what I'm doing climbing a mountain. The 12,662 foot summit is the rounded part a bit above my right hand.

2Cor521

Attachments

• S5002449.jpg
    S5002449.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 67
img_932875_0_425ed0ca33bd3bfeefa1ce1dcaa64aac.jpg

JonnyM with Better Half. From the California State Fair a while back. Hence the somewhat surreal fakey background, It's all I could find people. Being she's a vampire I was surprised the photo came out at all...

Lost in the desert on a horse with no name.......but back again.

Attachments

• IMG_8035.jpg
    IMG_8035.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 40
I found a picture of Finance Dude and I can see his hesitation in posting it as his wife is famous in a political way and he did not want to out her! :)

Pic is on page 5

Let's see.....looks at LOT like Tim McGraw....nah...too much hair and then no hat...

Maybe Sarah Palin's husband??....yeah, that's it!...:blush:

Or not :nonono:

Pic is on page 5

Let's see.....looks at LOT like Tim McGraw....nah...too much hair and then no hat...

Maybe Sarah Palin's husband??....yeah, that's it!...:blush:

Or not :nonono:

VaCollector, now you've done it- mentioned shhhh..."Sarah Palin"... here on FIRE- the quickest way possible to kill a thread-and unfortunately, this [-]is[/-] was a good one. :D

Back
Top Bottom