PSA: How To Tie A Bathrobe Properly

I got as far as "Heyyyy everrryyy baaahhhddeee" and quit the video.

Same here. Shorts and a tee shirt in the summer, flannel pants and long sleeve shirt in the winter. My fashion conscious daughter hates it when I wear plaid on plaid. She doesn’t comprehend the retiree mind set of not giving a crap what anyone thinks. Why would I while in my home.

Your daughter and my daughter must be long lost sisters.:LOL:

This robe thread has me thinking this may be a good opportunity to try the Temu site which I read about on this forum. Hmmmm.

Why bother with tying?

What's so hard about a shoelace knot? Technically, a double-slipped reef knot, if you're into knots. Of course the robe tie is gonna come undone if you only use a half hitch.

And what's this about misplacing the ties? Mine have no trouble staying around the bathrobe when not in use. It's not like I use them anywhere else. I can only think of one other use for them, but I won't go there in a family-friendly forum.

Two problems: the annoyance of having to undo one side to get out, and early failure of a loop from too much forward force and repetitive manipulation.

Solution one: an actual knot, not just looping the belt. Tested by me since 1952. Works OK.

Solution two: put a button on one end of the loop and a buttonhole in the other.

Solution three: use an actual belt with a buckle, perhaps several inches too large if you like it loose.

Solution four: tie permanent loops in both ends of the belt, and connect with a bungee cord or releasable nylon tie-wrap.

Support engineers! We make your life better!

Oh, and get rid of the guy that needs three minutes to tell you how to tie a robe. What's in it for him, anyway?

I get that women will wear a bathrobe while getting ready to go out and don't want to get makeup on their clothes.

But men can just get into the clothes they're going to wear without the extra step of putting a bathrobe on first.

Back
Top Bottom