PSA: How To Tie A Bathrobe Properly

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My robe comes undone constantly, it's a bother. Tried this for the first time recently, and was shocked at how well it works. Might help that the video is the exact some robe I have. I was wrapping the sash all the way around like a belt and doing the same loose "knot" in the front, comes loose constantly.

In case I'm not the only one 'too soon old, too late smart.' :blush:

Last edited:
hmmm. Never would have thought of that way.
My winter robe has a zipper front, solves the problem!
But my summer robe is a tie, so will try this in a few months.

Nice, though it seems like it might be hard on the loops over time? I don't really use robes, so I will never know...

You're not the only one! Been dealing with this for a while, on those mornings when I wear the robe for a few hours. Every time out of the chair, down the stairs, or walking around, the robe opens.

Gonna try this tomorrow morning. Won't just benefit me, but my housemates as well!

Meh. I just tie the belt in a bow, like my shoe. Never occurred to me to do otherwise. I, too, wonder about the stress on the loops doing it this fellow's way.

OTOH, when I sit down the knot often gets in my way so I'll undo it, but it's force of habit to re-tie when I stand up. Much to the relief of those around me.

If there is such a thing, I am a robe-acholic. The one that gets the most wear is actually a long (actually too long for me) men's terry cloth robe because it is very warm. I constantly misplace the tie. I also have a number of more feminine robes, zip front robes, wrapper robes, ties attached robes, lacey robes, robes from peignoir sets, etc.

So after looping the strap in front of the robe you have to remove it from one loop to escape the robe? Loosen it and hop out over the top of the strap? And how about getting in? The complexities of finding a loop and feeding the strap through it seem a bit much. Maybe because I like the strap to be flat, not twisted all up. Rarely wear a bathrobe unless it's 60 degrees and I'm hustling downstairs to make coffee before a shower.

I wear a bathrobe when I first get up, until I've finished that first cup of coffee.

Used to have the same issue, but when we got married I watched my wife tie hers, and immediately realized that she was using the same knot I use to tie my shoes.

I've been using the shoelace knot ever since, and it doesn't come loose at all. Problem solved.

Don’t have a problem with my robe belt staying tied although I only wear one when it’s quite cold or traveling.

No ROBE for me, and have spent last ten minutes trying to make acronym for ROBE….
can’t get past
RIGHT ON BAY BEE.
but that’s weak. Help me military peeps.

For those concerned about loop strain. So far I haven’t found it necessary to pull hard for the method to work, so loops don’t have to be tested.

I rarely wear a robe, but when I do, I don't want all the hassle of strapping one side of the sash through the side loop to don and doff the darn thing.

I wear my bathrobe everyday and have no issues with a simple tie in the front. If the guy really wanted to help mankind, show us a way to wear and tie and hospital gown.

I've never had a bathrobe...sweat pants or shorts and a T-shirt.

Same here. Shorts and a tee shirt in the summer, flannel pants and long sleeve shirt in the winter. My fashion conscious daughter hates it when I wear plaid on plaid. She doesn’t comprehend the retiree mind set of not giving a crap what anyone thinks. Why would I while in my home.

I wear my bathrobe everyday and have no issues with a simple tie in the front. If the guy really wanted to help mankind, show us a way to wear and tie and hospital gown.

IMO, Hospital gowns are proof that the medical establishment does not respect the patients.

Back
Top Bottom