Recent Photo

Here we are getting married in Sweden (we got married in San Fran (1981) then in 1982 in Sweden (Lockne Kyrka in Brunflo):

GIDKJwH.png

In 1982 I lived about 30 minuters from Lockne kyrka.

Shouldn't be posting again, but just got another picture of Riley... (post 1826)
She moved from age 10 to age 16 in one month. I've got a feeling that son Scott is going to have his hands full when she really does turn 16.

She is lovely!

Given all the cute pics of grandkids, here is one of my furry grandson on his 2nd birthday:

Attachments

• 82914918_10162874915855300_6071042234034159616_o.jpg
    82914918_10162874915855300_6071042234034159616_o.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 106
A bit of a different image.

Went to my hip surgeon today for the 6+ week checkup. All is good with the new hip and I can do anything physical now (I was anyway, LOL).

So here is the beauty:

right hip Xray.jpg

Went to my hip surgeon today for the 6+ week checkup. All is good with the new hip and I can do anything physical now (I was anyway, LOL).
So glad your recovery has gone that well! Also I love that you got a photo of the xray. My surgeon showed my knee xray to us on his iPad or tablet, but so quickly that I didn't have time to get out my cell phone camera and get a photo of it. I should have spoken up but before I could he was talking about other things that distracted me (like, did I want to have the other knee done and when).

Dog and avatar have a curious resemblance. Nice pooch, too! :)

Avatar is Alf, they both eat cats. Nah, actually Bro the Corgi is good buddies with our cat.

Is that a high performance speed part you are showing in the X-ray? Looks impressive!

So here is the beauty:

View attachment 33480

Here's mine. I have 2 different types of implants from 2 different surgeons. The one on the left in the pic is my right hip from 2014. The one on the right in the pic is my left hip from Sept 2019. I was shocked to see that large screw in there!

Welcome to my innards!

Attachments

• FD39875A-0C89-49CF-8FDF-52C409330B3F_1_201_a.jpg
    FD39875A-0C89-49CF-8FDF-52C409330B3F_1_201_a.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 82
Two observations:

Live the then and now pics. I guess we need to post some of those. 2nd, as cool as the joint replacement pics are...I hope we do not get too heavy with those! Kind of smacks of old people discussing their ailments. Ok ok I am guilty. Maybe I will post my ankle replacement sometime in the future (after it takes place).

Here's mine. I have 2 different types of implants from 2 different surgeons. The one on the left in the pic is my right hip from 2014. The one on the right in the pic is my left hip from Sept 2019. I was shocked to see that large screw in there!

Welcome to my innards!

Sue, I have two also! And the first one is 11 years old (but still working just fine). The new one is "better tech" (not glued in), while the older one is glued in.

Here is the xray:

OK, that's it...no more pics of body parts. :peace:

Attachments

• All hips Xray2.jpg
    All hips Xray2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here you go. Me on an aft facing balcony/room on a Norwegian cruise ship docked at Roatan Honduras. I think 2 years ago now. A full year after FIRE. I know I look pretty stressed. Carry on...

Attachments

• FB Profile Pic.jpg
    FB Profile Pic.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 100
1966 in Germany on a nuclear missile site

Old one of me (with good hips) during my military tour of duty. I sure was young then!

Hahn AB Missle Duty_Gen Start.jpg

Old one of me (with good hips) during my military tour of duty. I sure was young then!

View attachment 33928

Terry, is that you. Sure do look like an ex-fiancee of mine. I was 18 yrs old and he was in the army then. Many moons ago. You should have good hips still. Didn't you get both of them replaced? Nice pic.

Terry, is that you. Sure do look like an ex-fiancee of mine. I was 18 yrs old and he was in the army then. Many moons ago. You should have good hips still. Didn't you get both of them replaced? Nice pic.

If your name is Suzie (the girl I left behind), yes, it's me! :D

View attachment 33928

We're cleaning out our pics on the 'puter; I came upon this one from around 33 years ago, (in downtown Riyadh), thought of your pic and......

Me, heading out for a grocery run.:)

Seriously, this is the gear for grinding concrete on the front porch so the water will drain properly. Finally finished that project today. Glad I bought that filter mask last winter, there's no way I'd be able to find one now. The gloves are "cut level 5" like butchers wear and I'll be the first to admit that their value against a concrete grinding wheel is dubious. But I figured it wouldn't do any harm to wear them.

Attachments

• going shopping.jpg
    going shopping.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 118
Most little granddaughters dream of princess dresses. Not mine. Uh-uh. She wanted a dress with skulls on it :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• diademuerta.jpg
    diademuerta.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 85
Covid shutdown is a boon to child labor fans......the three youngest granddaughters today:

After some 2 months' deprivation, DW scored 2 boxes of my favorite cupcakes today. This was the celebratory picture I posted on Facebook:

Attachments

• Bells.jpeg
    Bells.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom