Recent Photo

Here's me with my friend Thomas Alva Edison at his winter place in Ft Myers, Fl last week. We are standing in front of the largest Banyan tree in the US.

Mike D.

Attachments

• MikeAndEdison.jpg
    MikeAndEdison.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 25
Here's me with my friend Thomas Alva Edison at his winter place in Ft Myers, Fl last week. We are standing in front of the largest Banyan tree in the US.

Mike D.

MD,

Looks like you might be needing that cane more than Mr. Edison. What happened to your foot?

omni

I have a Charcot Joint ankle due to over 50 years of type 1 diabetes. I have been wearing that cast or one just like it for twenty years come this October. It's gotten to the point where I don't even see it in pictures anymore much less notice that I'm wearing it. As my mother used to say, "I'm eternally grateful" that it's not on my gas pedal foot! Wearing those casts has saved me from having my foot "amped" as they say in the FBI fingerprint database.

Mike D.

Mike D

Well, hi there Mike...it's great to see you! :greetings10:

We are revisiting our youth with a long vacation in England, renting a house in the town where we lived for 6 years. During 1984 there was a lot of stress in our lives and I would sometimes take a walk in the evenings up the hills behind the house, sit and watch the sun go down. Yesterday we took a walk and found the spot I used to go to for my stress reduction therapy.

Attachments

• Guisborough walk - Hanging Stone Alan at top.jpg
    Guisborough walk - Hanging Stone Alan at top.jpg
    555.2 KB · Views: 58
I have a Charcot Joint ankle due to over 50 years of type 1 diabetes. I have been wearing that cast or one just like it for twenty years come this October. It's gotten to the point where I don't even see it in pictures anymore much less notice that I'm wearing it. As my mother used to say, "I'm eternally grateful" that it's not on my gas pedal foot! Wearing those casts has saved me from having my foot "amped" as they say in the FBI fingerprint database.

Mike D.

Wow. Well, it sounds like the brace has certainly kept you 'on your feet' (literally and figuratively!). I'm happy for you.

omni

We are revisiting our youth with a long vacation in England, renting a house in the town where we lived for 6 years. During 1984 there was a lot of stress in our lives and I would sometimes take a walk in the evenings up the hills behind the house, sit and watch the sun go down. Yesterday we took a walk and found the spot I used to go to for my stress reduction therapy.

Alan, good to hear from you, and glad you are enjoying your vacation in jolly old!

I know you're going to be there for a while, please keep the travelogue coming, so those of us here in the colonies can enjoy the UK spring and summer vicariously through your posts.

Alan, good to hear from you, and glad you are enjoying your vacation in jolly old!

I know you're going to be there for a while, please keep the travelogue coming, so those of us here in the colonies can enjoy the UK spring and summer vicariously through your posts.

Thanks WS. I'm not very good at this sort of thing, but I think I will start a thread in the travel forum as this trip is a bit different. I appreciate the nudge to action.

Here is the thread I started.

Last edited:

Mike D.

I wore one of those for a few months once, I was happy to get rid of it (actually, it's in the closet in case I ever need it again). Couldn't imagine a 20 yr stretch. But, like you said in your own case, I guess I could get used to it in time...

Looks like a wonderful place to reduce stress (as long as you don't fall off the edge, which might have the opposite effect).

Please do post here from time to time with updates - fully agree with WS. It's quite calming looking at the pictures of the area where you are staying.

Looks like a wonderful place to reduce stress (as long as you don't fall off the edge, which might have the opposite effect).

Especially when it is windy, the falling off is a problem :)

What is with the black hair and black mustache? Have you failed the test for graying hair!?:whistle:

I think it's a family trait. My Grandma didn't have a single gray hair on her head, and never colored or dyed her hair...she didn't believe in that sort of thing. Her Mother (my Great-grandma) was full-blood Cherokee, and also never had a gray hair (according to my Dad and Grandma). My Dad didn't start getting any gray hair until his late 60's, and by 74 he was mostly gray. My brother, who is 63, also has very little gray hair.

However, if I want to see gray hair, all I have to do is let my whiskers grow out again! There's a lot of gray there! I had a full beard...like a wild mountain man...for 23 years, and it had a lot of gray in it back when I sheared it off about 12 years ago.

BTW, it wasn't the gray that caused me to shear it off, it was on a bet. I was out for dinner with a bunch of friends, and one of them bet me that I wouldn't shave my beard off. The wager was food! So it was an instant loss for them! After dinner we left the restaurant and I drove straight home, got out my Raycine hair clippers, a pair of scissors, and dug out an old razor from the junk drawer, and sheared away 23 years of beard! I emailed a picture to my friend, but they swore that I'd photo-shopped it. So I got back in the car and drove 15 miles to there house so they could see the real deal. The dinner that they treated me to later was very nice!!! :ROFLMAO:

I was looking for the thread of photos from the past but I can't find it. So here is a photo from the past- me and my two roomates freshman year in the LR of our dorm suite. I think it was between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I had lunch with the guy on the right earlier in the week and he gave it to me.

img_1062813_0_bb07889a359754b76ccf7438a03492f6.jpg

Wonderful photo, Ha! So young, handsome, and confident - - bet the three of you had some great fun and had a lot of women hanging around. :)

May not keep this up long, but a photo of me tonight on my birthday (the cat is a chocolate point Balinese btw)

img_1063730_0_23aa2c9b513a0401c5c907bf0d3d7994.jpg

Back
Top Bottom