Relocation ideas - Phoenix, AZ vs. Tampa, FL

Out of curiosity why? Like the OP we are in MSP for the summers and TUS for the winters. We have been thinking of FL for a change of pace.
Mostly various lifestyle preferences -- 2mm people within an hour if you want amenities, yet easy to get away into the parks, small towns, the gulf. Tucson winters get pretty chilly on a regular basis and DW doesn't like that as much as the Fla winters. And Tampa Bay area rarely gets over 92 degrees near the Gulf (sweaty but not blast furnace caliber), while Tucson gets into the 100s all the time in summer.

Tampa Bay is on the beaten path and we get visitors from our past every year (like monthly during the winter). We have a great airport. Tucson is pretty remote travel-wise, as larger towns go.

Both are very pleasant cities in our experience.

Prescott AZ is nice, agreed. Smallish town though and I think I would run out of things to do. Have you considered Albuquerque or Santa Fe in New Mexico? It's a dry heat, summers are not too hot (90s in ABQ, 80s in Santa Fe). Santa Fe is more expensive, but Rio Rancho west of Albuquerque is geared to retirees. We live in NM and love it.

Prescott is a small town but as a retiree from the NYC area it's what I was looking for. Phoenix is close enough if you want to go into the city. Albuquerque was my 2nd choice after Prescott. Rio Rancho is a very nice town. Not only is Santa Fe expensive but it gets overrun with tourists.

Back
Top Bottom