Rich_in_Tampa Super Bowl 2009?

mountaintosea

Full time employment: Posting here.
Read an article that your town is going to have the game in a couple of years. Are you going? Do you care? Will it affect you? Just curious.

I bet Rich is going to be very popular. We (Phoenix) had it in 1996 and our friends' sister came down. The only car that they were able to rent was a 1970s battleship with red velvet seats that they called the pimpmobile. We get it next year at the same time as the FBR open.

mountaintosea said:
Read an article that your town is going to have the game in a couple of years. Are you going? Do you care? Will it affect you? Just curious.

I am inviting all 3000 board members to a party at my house. All are welcome to camp out in my yard, and the beer is on me. Bratwurst, ribs and steaks availble for a $1.00 contribution. I have 2000 seats on the 50 yard line, but you have to take them for free or it affects my gift tax situation adversely. Entertainment: Keb Mo, Huey Lewis and the News, Bonnie Rait and Dianna Kraul.

That assumes the Buccaneers will be playing, of course. C'mon down, y'all.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
That assumes the Buccaneers will be playing, of course.

Interesting that none of the XLI Super Bowls has been played on a participant's home field (although they've come close a couple of times, Rams in the Rose Bowl in '80 and 49'ers in Stanford Stadium in '85).

Could XLIII be the first?

Go Bears!!

Go Bears!!!

This boy left Chicago a long, long time ago but took the Bears with him...

yakers said:
Go Bears!!!

This boy left Chicago a long, long time ago but took the Bears with him...

Go Bears,

Not that I'm a Bears fan but I don't dislike them as the Colts.......

bssc said:
I bet Rich is going to be very popular. We (Phoenix) had it in 1996 and our friends' sister came down. The only car that they were able to rent was a 1970s battleship with red velvet seats that they called the pimpmobile. We get it next year at the same time as the FBR open.

Hey BSSC, are you still here in Phoenix? If so, good morning from the East Valley!

OK Prognisticators,
Past returns do not indicate future performance.

I know y'all are out there. It's raining this morning in Miami. This ought to favor Chicago.

But, I'm hoping Peyton gets the Monkey off his back. You don't get to the big game often (ask Dan Marino). Get it while you can.

So... I'm predicting Indy in a close game. Manning will not win it as much as Grossman will lose it. If it's still raining during the game, well... can I revise my prediction at half time?...

And Rich, I'm coming. I gonna invest that dollar in Vanguard's TSM. See if it returns enough for my contribution in 2009.

Hey Rich...if the bucs do win through that year, better buy a shitload of beer, because i'll be taking you up on your offer... ;)

GO BEARS!

crazy connie said:
Hey BSSC, are you still here in Phoenix? If so, good morning from the East Valley!
Still here, just north of Piestewa Peak. Good morning back to you. Ready for the horde of relatives to descend on you next year?

bssc said:
Still here, just north of Piestewa Peak. Good morning back to you. Ready for the horde of relatives to descend on you next year?

I am ready but alas it is only moi and 2 youngens. No family left but may invite a few friends down!

You may find distant relatives. My wife has 55 cousins on her mother's side and about the same number on her father's. We may be seeing them for the first time.

Eagle43 said:
But, I'm hoping Peyton gets the Monkey off his back.

Hey, only one monkey-extraction allowed per season, and his was 2 weeks ago!

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Your wifes family members need some other hobbies... ;)
Mooching off other family members is not a hobby but a second business. Some of them will show up, expect to be fed and entertained and then borrow money on the way out. Fortunately, for a variety or reasons, this has slowed down.

bssc said:
Mooching off other family members is not a hobby but a second business. Some of them will show up, expect to be fed and entertained and then borrow money on the way out. Fortunately, for a variety or reasons, this has slowed down.
Hey Caroline,

You were looking for an adoptive family in another thread. This looks like a family that provides easy marks loving support. :D :D :D

bssc said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the 100+ cousins. A hobby or maybe a pry bar should have been employed a little earlier in the cycle ;)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I was thinking more along the lines of the 100+ cousins. A hobby or maybe a pry bar should have been employed a little earlier in the cycle ;)
The more hands around the farm, the better. The bad thing is that when we retire, one of the people from her farm town lives near our property and I have been told that I am going to be helping out at harvest. On the other hand, I will have all the potatoes that I can eat.

Back
Top Bottom