RIP Patty Duke

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Sad. Another day, another entertainment icon passes away.

Patty Duke, former child star and Academy Award winner for her performance as Helen Keller in "The Miracle Worker," has died at 69.

"Anna 'Patty Duke' Pearce passed away this morning March 29, 2016 at 1:20 am. Her cause of death was sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, a mental health advocate and a cultural icon. She will be greatly missed," said a statement released by Duke's manager Tuesday morning.

Patty Duke, child star and Academy Award winner, dies at age 69 - LA Times

Wow, there was only one of her? :confused:

R.I.P.

A quick search shows that there are a lot of sites that track (many?) celbs/famous people deaths.

Here's one sorted by years. 2016, 2015, 2014, etc

Dead People Server - Dead Celebrities, Dead People and Other Interesting Passings

I was interested in the number that had died this year alone (up thread). It seems many have died at fairly early ages which might make those in the midst of the OMY syndrome rethink things. It could also be a wake up call to anyone in their later years.

RIP, Patty. Condolences to your loved ones.

She was a fierce advocate for the mentally ill long before many others got on board, and she will be remembered for that by those she helped.

Now a flashback to my childhood:

[FONT=&quot]Patty Duke Show - Intro[/FONT]

Thanks for that. Very fond memories. Did anyone else get annuity ads when playing it?

Was unaware until this news that she was Sean Austin's mom. (I am just young enough that I don't believe I ever saw her act in anything; he, on the other hand, has intruded on my mental image of Samwise.)

Back
Top Bottom