RIP:Raquel Welch passed away at 82 :(

Oh gosh! Sorry to hear.

Another icon gone. RIP Raquel Welch.

Sad to hear this. Her contributions to the entertainment industry will be missed.

My older brother had that poster in his bedroom. I think it was the trigger for my first impure thoughts as a young boy.

My older brother had that poster in his bedroom. I think it was the trigger for my first impure thoughts as a young boy.

Wasn't difficult to know "Oh, that's what a sex symbol is!"

Only movie I watched of her is "Fantastic Voyage". The best scene in the movie is when she gets attacked by those gummy bear look alike things (I guess the immune system) and her crew mates have to peel those things off her.

Only movie I watched of her is "Fantastic Voyage". The best scene in the movie is when she gets attacked by those gummy bear look alike things (I guess the immune system) and her crew mates have to peel those things off her.

She was the ultimate sex symbol :popcorn:

I remember when I was a young girl, thinking that she was very beautiful.

As a young boy, I watched "Fantastic Voyage" only for the science. Yeah, for the science...

In IMDB's trivia section about the movie, there is an entry about this scene:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060397/trivia/?ref_=tt_trv_trv

"When filming the scene where the other crew members remove attacking antibodies from Raquel Welch for the first time, director Richard Fleischer allowed the actors to grab what they pleased. Gentlemen all, they specifically avoided removing them from Welch's breasts, with an end result that Fleischer described as a "Las Vegas showgirl" effect. He pointed this out to the cast members - and on the second try, the actors all reached for her breasts. Finally, Fleischer realized that he would have to choreograph who removed what from where, and the result is seen in the final cut."

RIP Raquel Welch :(

I arrived onboard the USS Kitty Hawk (CVA-63) for duty in the Tonkin Gulf in October 1967. I was bummed to learn that I had missed, by about 2 weeks, one of Bob Hope’s USO shows. Raquel Welch was part of the troupe. Needless to say, the crew was still talking about Raquel long after they’d forgotten Hope’s jokes.

She was my first love. Really sad to hear.

So sad to hear. We've seen and heard about her for so long that I was a bit surprised she wasn't closer to 90.

I think I heard on some news broadcast that Fantastic Voyage was released before One Million Years B.C., which surprised me.

Regardless, I loved Voyage which was a great movie for a pre-teen boy. I read the novel which I also thought was fascinating (even without the charms of Ms. Welch).

And I’ll bet you bought Playboy only to read the well written articles!
They had well written articles? :confused: I learn something new here all the time.

May she RIP.

Last edited:
Oh, how can we forget, "Kansas City Bomber". Just watched the trailer. That has to be the longest trailer I've ever seen. Almost 4 minutes long.

What about "Mother, Jugs and Speed" with Raquel as well as Bill Cosby and Harvey Keitel?

I worked at a movie theatre about the time that was released so it remains etched into my brain.

It has been probably 40 years since I saw the M, J & S movie. What I seem to recall was watching it for Raquel, and discovering she played the only sane character in the movie. My kind of lady.

MJ&S would never be made today. Everyone would be offended.

She sure seemed to age well... I saw pictures of her in her late 70's and she still looked very nice... Maybe with some medical assistance and makeup (IDK) but she still looked better than good.

Back
Top Bottom