Roger McGuinn

Mr._Graybeard

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We saw the former Byrds frontman in a solo concert Friday night. Man, he looks and sounds great at 71. To my surprise, I discovered that he tours about six months out of the year, about two weeks each month.

His show is well worth the admission.

We saw the former Byrds frontman in a solo concert Friday night. Man, he looks and sounds great at 71. To my surprise, I discovered that he tours about six months out of the year, about two weeks each month.

His show is well worth the admission.

Saw him a couple of times, but in the 80s. Great shows!

I saw Roger and Gene Clark in 1978 at 'Shaboo' here in CT.

Attachments

• Shaboo 1978.jpg
    Shaboo 1978.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 83
Glad to hear Roger is doing well. I've been a huge Byrds fan for decades. In fact, I spent last night sitting by the back yard pool, listening to the Byrds, Flying Burrito Bros., Gram Parsons and many others on Pandora. Great music. Brings back many memories.

For a 90 degree turn to the discussion, I just watched GRAND THEFT PARSONS on one of our movie channels the other night. Not certain just how accurate the film is, but it was entertaining and at least true to the point of including the theft and "cremation" events. I tend to think it might have been at least semi-true-to-"life" since there is a cameo appearance by Phil Kaufman at the end. To each his own and YMMV as always.

Now returning you to our Roger McGuinn discussion.

Saw him in '78 as part of the McGuinn, Clark, Hillman Band.

And just for the record, I've been a big Gram Parsons fan for many years. Interested parties can't go wrong with any of his recordings.

Opps, missed it! Looks like he won't be back in Chicago-land for a while.

Never saw him, so that would have been a treat. Did see Flying Burrito Bros in the late 70's or early 80's. Don't recall who was all in the band at that time.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom