"Safe Money" By Kaspersky??

Accidental Retiree

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Does anyone here know about this software? DH just bought a new Dell from Costco, and it came with a download of Kaspersky anti-virus. He downloaded it, and in it is a section called "Safe Money, " which asked him to provide all our IDs and passwords for banks. It supposedly provides another level of security.

Frankly, I am not too keen on the idea, and I'd like to know from some of you professionals here whether you know anything about this part of the Kaspersky software that he downloaded as a result of this purchase.

Thanks.

Edit to add: DH says he doesn't have to give out IDs and PWs, just sites so that he can use a 'protected browser.'

Last edited:
I have little doubt that the software is legit, but whether or not using it is a good idea is a whole different question. You're just moving the trust issue from one place to another. In fact there might be less protection from your bank(s) if you have moved (some or all of) your eggs into a basket of unknown sturdiness like this. Generally the banks will cover you against fraudulent use of your CC if it gets physically cloned at the gas station, but they may take a less charitable view if you put the number(s) into a computer storage facility. And if this software becomes popular, it will be an irresistible target for criminals.

Kaspersky anti-virus

Frankly, I am not too keen on the idea, and I'd like to know from some of you professionals here whether you know anything about this part of the Kaspersky software that he downloaded as a result of this purchase.

Thanks.

I use Kaspersky Security, but stay away from their 'Safe Money' option. Here is why:

Safe Money definitely offers layers of protection for your online transactions, but you still need to be a bit careful.
Safe Money in Action - Kaspersky Internet Security (2013) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom