Sharing 23 years of Frugal Retirement

Thanks for the update. Our condolences your father was a kind and intelligent man.

Sorry to hear about your father. His wisdom and honesty was appreciated and valued by many, myself included.
I had wondered why I haven't seen posts from him in recent weeks.

My condolences; AML is a horrible disease. I lost DF almost 15 years ago; it took it 3 years to whip him. I have another close family member fighting it now.

My condolences. His contributions were insightful and I learned a lot from reading his words.

I think you, and your family can read most of the posts in this thread (including mine), and have a greater appreciation for the man we are mourning now. My condolences to a man who lived life well, and was loved !

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. It was very thoughtful of you to let us know about his passing at this difficult time. Thank you. As you can tell, he was highly valued by many on this forum and I think everyone here gleaned some words of wisdom from your dad. He was truly an inspiration!

Thanks so much for letting us know. Your Dad was awesome and also worried about having Alzheimer’s. I am glad that disease didn’t take him. Hugs:))

Your dad was a real member of the family here. He will be missed. God bless.

To what's already been said above, let me just add:
- my condolences to you, your family and, most especially, to your mother.
- I don't read all the posts on this site but there are some whose new posts I always read. Your father has always been at the top of that list for me. He was a wise and well-grounded man.
- God bless.

Sorry to hear about your dad, imnotoldernu. I also was a 'always reader' of your father's posts. A most solid citizen here, and I'm sure in real-life.

Please accept my sincerest condolences. He really had some great insights on life. One of the best forum contributors.

I truly enjoyed reading your father’s posts. He provided so much real world experience. He will be missed. My condolences to you and your family.

I enjoyed your father's musings on "big picture" topics and took comfort from the happy retirement he and Jeanie led despite health challenges. I'll miss his intelligent and wry commentary. Condolences to all in your family.

Your father's thoughtful insights will be long remembered and appreciated here. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort. Thank you for letting us know.

Oh man! That is some hard news. Many thanks for the difficult task of letting us know of your Dad's passing. My thoughts are with your family at this tough time. Imoldernu always wrote well reasoned cogent posts that brought up interesting questions. His command of language and his knowledge made for great reading, and his life from early swimming days to later "camp" days was unique. A fun and worthwhile man to read. He will truly be missed. Best to you and your family, give your Mom a hug.

I guess my dad's estimate of his time on this earth was almost correct. I am very sorry to say that imoldernu passed last week from acute myeloid leukemia. He was only diagnosed 4 weeks ago. I knew of his interest for this website and the members here. I've also been on forums with active members who "suddenly" disappear. I didn't want his inactivity to be misunderstood.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with him.

Condolences to your entire family. Your father was a wonderful person to communicate with both in posts and PM's.

Thank you so much for letting us know.

My sincere condolences to you, and your entire family. I have read, and reread this particular post in which your father shared his wisdom, life experiences, and insights into retirement. It is by far my favorite. I am sorry he will no longer post here, but I hope that you will.

Imoldernu was known for taking long breaks from posting so we were blessed by his renewed interest in sharing. So glad we were not left to believe another short hiatus was the cause for his current absence. Although that would have been preferable!

So if you come back, you will see how we held him in the highest regard. RIP!

Imoldernu was a very special presence here. He reminded me of the old days on this forum, when the emphasis was on retiring with less, and frugality. On living life to the fullest, rather than being a slave to MegaCorp. On the joy of a simple lifestyle in the heartland. He was one of my heroes.

Imoldernu will definitely be missed. I was always gobsmacked by his eclectic knowledge. Thank you for letting us know Imnotoldernu and thanks for the info on what sounds like a mercifully quick end of life.

Wow. Not too long ago I was reading his post where he was saying he could be around for a bit longer. Now he is gone. But I am not sad, from what I read of his writings he had a good life and I believe Imoldernu is looking down on us smiling. I hope so. I will miss his posts.

Very sorry to hear this. Thanks for letting us know. I always looked forward to reading his posts. He had a way with words that I will never have and his knowledge based on many years of life experiences was incredible. He will be missed.

My condolences on the loss

of your dear Father. Imoldernu Was one of a kind. His take on things made me think and rethink and for that I am very grateful. He will be missed❤️.

Back
Top Bottom