Sharing 23 years of Frugal Retirement

Oh, I am so sad to hear of his passing. Like many others said here, I always read his posts. I appreciated his wisdom, experience, humor and the genuine love for his family. I will remember him for a long time.

My best to your mom and all of your family. I know he planned well for the “what if’s” that come with aging.

I’m so glad to have “ known him” through the forum.

let's celebrate his life. A life well lived! Not sure if he had any other writing where else. If not his sons and grandchildren will have a good 7 years of his own writing, thoughtful advises to go back to.

Adding my condolences to your family.
Your dad was a very wise man, I thoroughly enjoyed his posts and perspectives. I was thinking of him a few days ago!
He will be missed. Thank you for letting the forum know.
May Peace be with you and yours

let's celebrate his life. A life well lived! Not sure if he had any other writing where else. If not his sons and grandchildren will have a good 7 years of his own writing, thoughtful advises to go back to.
Bob sent me a few PM's that I shared with his son. He will really be missed

Wow! :(

My condolences.

His posts are some of the first I read here and they were always thoughtful, memorable, and inspiring. I always liked him, even though we never met. Such wisdom and good humor. And a clear love for his family.

I will miss his insight.

My condolences to the family.

I don't post much here but I enjoyed reading his contributions. He will be missed.

Sorry for the loss of your father. I truly enjoyed reading his words of wisdom and his tidbits of humor. Looked forward to 'listening' to his insight and opinions. Sounded like he was one of the good guys that we rarely have enter our lives.

Wishing you peace and calm thoughts as you go through life without him.

Our heartfelt condolences to you and your family!
Your dad was very wise and I really enjoyed reading his wise and insightful posts.
We will miss him!!

My deepest condolences to your family and to your Mom. This is my first post, though I log on and read continually in this forum. Your father's advice and reflections had me captive and it was his guidance and clear direction that has steered me for quite some time now.

My go to for this retirement forum was to simply type "imoldernu" and up it came and I searched for his posts immediately, never wanting to miss one. I am deeply saddened to hear that he is no longer our beacon of light. When I got on this forum today and saw some condolence posts, I was gutted as I scanned back quickly HOPING it was not our imoldernu. I learned SO much from your dad and I felt I knew him even though we have never met. He has guided many and provided so much definitive and detailed information, especially for those of us that are not retiring with well padded accounts. He showed us how possible and priceless buying TIME was.

My condolences to you and your family. In some of his posts, he mentioned leaving a memoir of sorts within his posts for his kids to read. His love for his family was always so evident in everything he penned.

Please share with your Mom what a special person he was to so many of us out here, and Thank you for sharing him with us.

I am so very, very sorry to hear this news. Others have mentioned how great it was to read his posts and learn from his experiences. I don't have words for your loss, but know that he was greatly loved by lots of us here and will most certainly miss his contributions. My thoughts are with all of you. :(

His wisdom will live on for a long time. Not too long ago, there was a question presented here, "What was your happiest moment today?" to which he said, "Every day is the happiest... we celebrate our 6 decades of marriage every morning, with a 2 minute hug." It all boils down to those around us that we love to the ends of the earth and imoldernu lived that everyday.

Last edited:
Condolences to the family. Saddened to hear of his passing. Always enjoyed reading imoldernu's posts.

Wishing peace and comfort to the family.

Condolences and thank you for letting us know.
I cannot let this pass without comment although there are already many good thoughts expressed.

He encouraged many of average means with his low cost solutions to early retirement based on personal example. Someone posted that he was their hero. I feel the same way. He really shared of himself. I will miss him.

When I first started looking here, I was struck by his posts, and imoldernu is one of the main reasons this forum stuck with me. His authenticity came through. So much wisdom.

I'm crying right now... He will be missed.

Thank you for sharing his passing with us. I was also struck by how thoughtful, caring, curious and articulate imoldernu was. He was able to get his thoughts to the page (or screen) better than many, and he never hesitated to share his wisdom. He found what really mattered in life, and we all felt we knew him through his sharing memories of meeting Jeannie, living in New England, swimming in college, taking his sons on scouting adventures, working at Montgomery Ward, socializing in central Florida, tinkering at his lake home in Illinois, and doting on his grandchildren. He never failed to teach me something in his posts.

He made a difference in the way many of us viewed life, and retirement. He will be missed.

Thank you for letting us know, and I’m sure it was hard to write the words. I’m so sorry to hear he is gone.

I loved reading his posts, and they always brightened my day.

I'm so sorry to hear this my deepest condolences to you all, I've enjoyed your dad's posts for years. Thank you for letting us know, your family is in my thoughts.

A sad day. Like many here, I enjoyed his presence on the forum and will miss him. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.
All the best to you and your family.

-BB

I guess my dad's estimate of his time on this earth was almost correct. I am very sorry to say that imoldernu passed last week from acute myeloid leukemia. He was only diagnosed 4 weeks ago. I knew of his interest for this website and the members here. I've also been on forums with active members who "suddenly" disappear. I didn't want his inactivity to be misunderstood.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with him.

Whoa! I have been so busy with the Wuhan virus threads, I almost miss this.

I am sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us know.

Count me among the people who will miss him. I enjoy reading about his life experience and perspectives.

One thing that I wondered about was that on more than one post he would speak of his apprehension of Alzheimer, then proceeded to write eloquently about some subjects or stories. It made me wonder if he was pulling our leg.

Again, he will be missed by us all.

My condolences as well to you and your family. I enjoyed reading his posts so much!

I am pretty new to the forum but I also enjoyed reading his posts. My condolences to all the family during this time.

The E-R.org forum will certainly be a different place without the sage advice and insight of your father. It's a very sad time for your family and friends and we on E-R.org were a small part of that. I can't count the number of times I was intrigued with something your father mentioned and it prompted me to go off and do some research on the subject. I'm certainly a better person having "known" him.

My condolences to you, your brothers and your mother. I share the sentiments of all previous posts

This thread was a good read when I joined the forum, thought promoting... I wish I had his cojones to retire now, but I'm a wage slave for at least a bit longer.

I am so sorry to hear it...I loved reading his posts. They are so thoughtful, and he told his stories with such gentle humor. Reading through his posts helped me greatly in making my own retirement decisions. I will miss him and his posts very much...

Back
Top Bottom