Show off your dog..or other pet..and how well he/she is treated (and fed)!

She gets Blue Buffalo.

Attachments

• IMG_E1036.jpg
    IMG_E1036.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
This is Molly, she is a schnauzer mix rescue. She is a happy go lucky girl with a big personality and a great sense of humor. She likes Purina True Instinct kibble with a little boiled chicken breast mixed in.
The best way to show Molly's personality is through her pics. One is her mid walk break and one is her after walk nap.:D She always keeps us smiling.

Attachments

• molly sleeping.jpg
    molly sleeping.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 6
  • molly in the grass.jpg
    molly in the grass.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 4
  • molly on couch arm.jpg
    molly on couch arm.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 5
Our new pup is now 8 months old--mini golden doodle, red in color, but on the larger side for a mini. He is currently about 16 inches tall and weighs 38 lbs
He looks far more poodle-ish. We have him groomed, short cut, which seems to make him more comfortable--he is a little heater!
He does not get human food. First dog we have done that with. He gets high quality dry dog food (Blue, Acana, Instinct Raw, etc whatever is on sale), with freeze dried chicken or beef for treats. The only least healthy treat he gets is his daily morning Kong filled with that doggie squeeze cheese stuff.
I haven't figured out how to post pictures here yet, but I will sometime!

Dinner Time?

She knows what time it is.

Attachments

• IMG_3254.jpeg
    IMG_3254.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2
This is Molly, she is a schnauzer mix rescue. She is a happy go lucky girl with a big personality and a great sense of humor. She likes Purina True Instinct kibble with a little boiled chicken breast mixed in.
The best way to show Molly's personality is through her pics. One is her mid walk break and one is her after walk nap.:D She always keeps us smiling.

Molly could be my Birdie's long lost sister!:LOL:

Birdie spread out.jpg

PHP:
Our dog, Gino, is almost 15. He was about a year old when we adopted him from the pound. He clearly has some husky, but he's smaller and less fluffy than Siberians. He's some kind of mix .. your guess is as good as ours. He weighs around 40 lbs and loves his walks. Today he took me on a 3.5 mile walk at mission Bay Park.

We feed him Kirkland salmon flavor... Often with some warm chicken broth poured over it. Treats range from the Kirkland dog bones to a dried salmon that is sold at Sprouts (local produce store). Our vet says he is thriving on the Kirkland kibble, so I don't see the need to go more expensive.

Pics are of Gino enjoying our last camping trip and of last night showing love to a son home from college on spring break.

Attachments

• PXL_20240312_204002582.jpg
    PXL_20240312_204002582.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20240323_040841456.jpg
    PXL_20240323_040841456.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 14
Our dog, Gino, is almost 15. He was about a year old when we adopted him from the pound. He clearly has some husky, but he's smaller and less fluffy than Siberians. He's some kind of mix .. your guess is as good as ours. He weighs around 40 lbs and loves his walks. Today he took me on a 3.5 mile walk at mission Bay Park.

We feed him Kirkland salmon flavor... Often with some warm chicken broth poured over it. Treats range from the Kirkland dog bones to a dried salmon that is sold at Sprouts (local produce store). Our vet says he is thriving on the Kirkland kibble, so I don't see the need to go more expensive.

Pics are of Gino enjoying our last camping trip and of last night showing love to a son home from college on spring break.

Two very good looking kids!!

Some great looking cats, dogs and kids. The Maine cats are cool looking. I've never seen that breed in person. Love all the dogs and wish I could have one. People tried to talk me into getting a dog when my husband passed but since I'm still working I didn't think it would be fair to the dog being left for many hours. I'm thinking about retiring this summer so maybe I'll find a dog pal.
edit: Forgot to mention the tortoises. That's great that you rescued them. Curious, what do they eat and what do you do with them if you are away?

Last edited:
Forgot to mention the tortoises. That's great that you rescued them. Curious, what do they eat and what do you do with them if you are away?

We live on 40 acres in way south Arizona about 30 miles north off Mexico. At 4600 ft our area is classified as a subtropical oak-grassland. Anyway native grasses grow almost year round and grasses are their main food. The torts have a fenced in acre only because fencing keeps the rattlesnakes out.

In winter the large Earth makes her way to a heated shed in tour barn on chilly nights. Daisy has a tile to track her if we need to overnight her in the shed. Otherwise they are free range critters.

We also have 2-3 dogs living with us, so we have a person that stays at the house when we are out of town. Luckily for us she would pay us to stay at are home, as she is a birder, rock hound, hiker. Our sitter often stays with us when she has business on our side of the mountain.

You had to ask :)

Love all these pictures. Here are our kitties Miles and Milla. They are the soul of our home. Absolutely adore them.

Attachments

• 553173_384508224922929_916316179_n.jpg
    553173_384508224922929_916316179_n.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 8
My Fur Babies

Annie Cat and Chica help make our house a home! We have had AnnieCat since she was about 8 months old and adopted her from the pound. She is now about 9 years old. Chica is about 6 years old. We adopted her 3 years ago from a small breed rescue. We love them both but they just tolerate each other!

Chica eats Nutro Ultra and AnnieCat eats prescription Science Diet. They both go crazy when we bring home a Costco roasted chicken! (They know some will accidently hit the floor.)

Attachments

• 20230502_190839 Chica.jpg
    20230502_190839 Chica.jpg
    919 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231004_122447 AnnieCat.jpg
    20231004_122447 AnnieCat.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Lol on the Costco chicken thing. Gino the winner dug has the same reaction. And he knows a few days later there will be broth to add to his kibble. (I always make soup with the remains of the Costco chicken.)

Here a couple of my "pet" steers. The one with the biggest horns is "Don Juan" named that because when he was a calf he looked almost like a heifer he was so pretty. And the other is "Einstein" because he frowns when he looks at you like he is thinking.

I went to steers after several years of my bull fighting with the neighbors bull constantly having to fix fence. These two are both 20+ and if they see me they come to get some cubes. Both have arthritis now, missing teeth, and walk slow but they are still hanging in...

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Here a couple of my "pet" steers. The one with the biggest horns is "Don Juan" named that because when he was a calf he looked almost like a heifer he was so pretty. And the other is "Einstein" because he frowns when he looks at you like he is thinking.

I went to steers after several years of my bull fighting with the neighbors bull constantly having to fix fence. These two are both 20+ and if they see me they come to get some cubes. Both have arthritis now, missing teeth, and walk slow but they are still hanging in...

View attachment 48881

View attachment 48882

I've met some of these guys in the Texas oil fields during my career. There's nothing like getting out of a pickup truck near a well site early in the morning and having a dozen or so of these guys think you are the framer who is delivering the hay!

View attachment 48881

View attachment 48882

I am so envy you calling your steer as a pet. I hope I can move to rural area and having all kinds of pets.

everybody passing me said what a great life about my dog. But it is due to his brain tumor causing his eye pupil not closing well causing pain and cant regulate temp well. but he is doing fine. https://photos.app.goo.gl/rnZzACZRZgsCrkz6A
And my favorite chicken watched tv together haha.

Attachments

• 20231018_124328.jpg
    20231018_124328.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230801_145827.jpg
    20230801_145827.jpg
    810.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231011_223453.jpg
    20231011_223453.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Adorable! We are traveling about 6 months a year so we spoil other people's dogs or strays. Sharing 'our' recent pets from housesitting...

- Aila the Boxer whose dog sitters take her paddle boarding in between beach days

- Missy the Spaniel who is nice enough to let her house sitters share her bed

- Rocky, a stray dog living on the beach in Dauin Philippines. We fed him daily when we were in the area for a month last year. We are now back and when he saw us walking down the beach, he remembered us and came running! We make sure he gets at least a quarter chicken and rice daily (he is a Filipino dog and hates pizza and dog food!)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5787.jpg
    IMG_5787.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7256.jpg
    IMG_7256.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 5
IMG_4994.jpg

Meet Pearl, our latest addition, she was helping file taxes that day! We have had really good luck with IAMS brand. We have a 14.5 year old Lab, Roxy, that has eaten IAMS all her life. And two other mixed breed rescues made it to 14 and 16 years also only eating IAMS. That's a good testimonial for me.

Thanks for all the responses on dog food brands that work for you. And for all the great photos! :cool:

While I am reading this thread, my little guy is using the opportunity to share the recliner.

PXL_20240229_161546366.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a longer life that all the animals eating today's brands achieve versus what they use to eat years ago? Or is it all marketing to buy the higher priced food? My grandparents and parents feed their/our dogs and cats (cats supplemented their diet with barn kills) dry kibble (Purina 50 lbs bags, I think that's the brand, from the feed mill) and a little canned dog/cat food. They also gave them table scraps and bones from cows we slaughtered. I remember most of the dogs, all large breeds, passing around 12-14. There were so many cats I don't remember their ages and some never came in the house. I do understand that many dogs & cats have allergies and need a special diet.

Back
Top Bottom