Show off your dog..or other pet..and how well he/she is treated (and fed)!

They both go crazy when we bring home a Costco roasted chicken! (They know some will accidently hit the floor.)
Yeah, I wonder how that accidentally hitting the floor thing happens. :angel:

Love this thread! Adorable pets. Our dog died the month DH retired and we have not replaced him because of increased travel. But we will eventually get another when things slow down a bit, it has been easy to lock up and go! We miss him.

Love this thread! Adorable pets. Our dog died the month DH retired and we have not replaced him because of increased travel. But we will eventually get another when things slow down a bit, it has been easy to lock up and go! We miss him.
One way to get a quick 'dog fix' is to sign up to foster a dog. Local shelters and rescue groups are always looking for foster parents.

My experience in seeing what fostering does at a local shelter is that many dogs only need a short stay - 2 weeks or so - while they recover from spay/neuter surgery.

- Rita

everybody passing me said what a great life about my dog. But it is due to his brain tumor causing his eye pupil not closing well causing pain and cant regulate temp well. but he is doing fine. https://photos.app.goo.gl/rnZzACZRZgsCrkz6A
And my favorite chicken watched tv together haha.

When I walk my two Maltese people comment how spoiled Amy is because she rides in a stroller while her brother walks. It’s because she has a terminal heart disease and isn’t supposed to exercise. Hoping your little guy does well for a long time.

One way to get a quick 'dog fix' is to sign up to foster a dog. Local shelters and rescue groups are always looking for foster parents.

My experience in seeing what fostering does at a local shelter is that many dogs only need a short stay - 2 weeks or so - while they recover from spay/neuter surgery.

- Rita

Our daughter fosters Great Danes. This is a real act of love because she always gets them at end-of-life when older folks can't deal with them anymore and they never get adopted out. So, she averages losing a foster every 18 months or 2 years. Sad, but she really does a good j*b and she loves them as if she'd raised them from pups.

Our daughter fosters Great Danes. This is a real act of love because she always gets them at end-of-life when older folks can't deal with them anymore and they never get adopted out. So, she averages losing a foster every 18 months or 2 years. Sad, but she really does a good j*b and she loves them as if she'd raised them from pups.
Sorry, that's tough. But even fostering younger pets with health problems can result in them not making it. She's giving these dogs a good life.

There is one foster group in western Washington that pretty much works only with older dogs. Some can be adopted out when their health is stabilized. For others, they call the foster experience Final Refuge. They take care of them until they signal it's time to go.

Back
Top Bottom