Sincere condolences to Braves fans

whitet

Recycles dryer sheets
Yesterday was not a day to be a Braves fan, and especially not one in the stands at Sun Trust park. Watching your team go down 10-0 in an elimination game before they have even come to bat had to be excruciating. All teams suffer painful and humiliating defeats, but this was one for the record books. According to MLB, no team has ever suffered a worse first inning in post season play, and allowing 10 runs ties the current post season record for most in ANY one inning. Just very glad it wasn't the Brewers. So sorry Braves fans - take the day off from w*rk. Retired Braves fans should take solace over a dozen Krispy Kremes or something.

I turned the game on in T3 and was casually watching. Then i glanced down at the score....yowzers. I tell you what that has to be a looong game for the announcers. I turned it off shortly after

Terrible I tell you, terrible. I was getting the yard wrapped up and was mad that I was missing the game. Well, I turned it on at the top of the 4th and couldn't believe what I saw. A buddy of mine who attended 40+ games this year left after the 2nd inning. Very disappointing end to an otherwise great season. :(

So sorry Braves fans - take the day off from w*rk.

Done. Oh wait.... :)

Yesterday was not a day to be a Braves fan, and especially not one in the stands at Sun Trust park. Watching your team go down 10-0 in an elimination game before they have even come to bat had to be excruciating. All teams suffer painful and humiliating defeats, but this was one for the record books. According to MLB, no team has ever suffered a worse first inning in post season play, and allowing 10 runs ties the current post season record for most in ANY one inning. Just very glad it wasn't the Brewers. So sorry Braves fans - take the day off from w*rk. Retired Braves fans should take solace over a dozen Krispy Kremes or something.

Thanks for the condolences. DW and I spent out first adult life in ATL as dire braves fans. Later moved to LA and reluctantly became Dodger fans. Recently moved back South and re adopted the Braves. I had planned for a great October of Baseball.....but that idea was washed away yesterday. Oh well I'll just drown my sorrows with SEC football (no the Falcons are already written off). Honestly, I felt horribly for those players having to give it all after they knew there was no way to come back after the 1st inning.

More heartbreak for the Falcons fans still hurting from the superbowl 28-3 blown lead.

Not a lot of sympathy for the Braves fans here :D.

Thankfully, we will not have listen to another "Tomahok Chop" chant again this season.

Go Cards :dance:

Looking forward to a Red October.

Seen some stuff already in this post season. Grand Slams, 10 run innings lot's of 100 mph fast balls. Just hope the Astros don't blow it (again) tonight.

Hey, now don't jinx the game by saying stuff like that!:D

Should be a good game tonight. I think it will come down to how deep Cole can go into the game. If it comes down to the bullpens we have the advantage. Go Rays!!

Just when I thought I was depressed I texted my Dodger buddy and gave him my condolences.

Go Cards! I was upset the game started at 5 EST, left work to see the score 11-0!!! Woo hoo! One of my co-workers is a die-hard Braves fan also...and yep, sure enough they weren't here at work today. :)

Not a lot of sympathy for the Braves fans here :D.

Thankfully, we will not have listen to another "Tomahok Chop" chant again this season.

Looking forward to a Red October.

With you all the way, CardsFan! I am enjoying a playoff season I did not expect, and hoping for more!

I got to thinking ... Yadier Molina retires after next year. Remember when Derek Jeter announced his retirement a year early so the various opposing ballparks could offer some recognition as he did his farewell tour? Well .... I think it would be a very fine thing for Yadi to do the same all next year. Each team could play a highlight reel of Yadi's heartbreaking, clutch hits against it. Then they could give him a cheer. It would be just the thing :D :D :D

I got to thinking ... Yadier Molina retires after next year. Remember when Derek Jeter announced his retirement a year early so the various opposing ballparks could offer some recognition as he did his farewell tour? Well .... I think it would be a very fine thing for Yadi to do the same all next year. Each team could play a highlight reel of Yadi's heartbreaking, clutch hits against it. Then they could give him a cheer. It would be just the thing :D :D :D

I have a feeling that if he did that next year the Braves might hit him instead! (either him or Flaherty)

Back
Top Bottom