Votes: 25 21.0%
  • Still smoke it on occasion

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Still smoke it a lot.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • BUT I NEVER INHALED. . .

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
My first thought after reading about folks wanting to retire in their 30s and 40s was why? To sit around all day smoking pot? :dead: Still, who is the "Still smoke it a lot." :LOL:

BUM said:
I don't know Larry. I'm not into large chicks. :D

Just bring a bag of flour, a 2x4, and a strap. You'll be fine.

Nords said:
Ah, so you're the @#$% that we have to thank for all those $#^%-up nuclear weapons handling rules!
Nope, not me. The stuff I may or may not have been involved with went on top of really big bottle rockets.

Any rules I was ever involved in developing have something about "badgers" in them. Should I develop anything going forward, it'll have beavers in it.

L -

We used to roll some biggies.  We called it "Fat Joe" around people so they didn't know what we were talking about, like "you seen Fat Joe lately?"  Very discreet stuff.

I don't know Larry. I'm not into large chicks.

They can hang out with me, L and Fat Joe so long as they don't eat the midnight pizza delivery.

I suppose I just ruined any credibility I had with the "Fat Joe" so it's time to go back into hiding....

Yeah, I know, you're all waiting for me to reply... :eek:

"I smoke two joints in the morning
I smoke two joints at night,
I smoke two joints in the afternoon
and it makes me feel alright
I smoke two joints in time of peace
and two in time of war
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints
and then i smoke two more..."

The Toyes

I never tried it. My parents divorced when I was 13, then we moved to another state and I never was as social as I was in my youth. I was never around it until I was in my 20's and by then I was (socially) very conservative; as such I've never been prone to peer pressure. I don't think my parents made me conservative by example; I think it's my antisocial, introverted behavior.

Anyway, I mellowed as I aged, and last time I was around it I almost took a hit, but I decided "why start now?" I don't think I was looking for work at the time, but you never know....

I don't see that it's any worse than alcohol.

Cute Fuzzy Bulldog said:
...Any rules I was ever involved in developing have something about "badgers" in them. ...

Badgers?  We don't need no stinkin' Badgers...Badgers?  We don't need no stinkin' Badgers.Badgers?  We don't need no stinkin' Badgers.

This is your Badger on drugs...

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

snnaaaakkkkeeeeee!!

dc

So, what's the latest on smoking pot and lung cancer? A relative of mine died of lung cancer at a not-too-old age. She was a nurse and very healthy, but she was also a hippy who I'm sure indulged. I always assumed it was pot that killed her, but the connection isn't well established....

Smoked a fair amount in my "youth" back home and still enjoy a joint when I go to Europe - flying on KLM via Amsterdam I put a half day between connecting flights in Amsterdam to head downtown. Helps towards the recovery from a 12 hour flight (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!)  :p

In a lot of Europe, maijuana use and the possession of small amounts for personal use has been "downgraded" in the eyes of the police, there is little/no risk of arrest and  prosecution (check the attitude in the area you visit before indulging though).

Out in Asia, penalties are still harsh so I take no chances.

Personally I think it should be legalised and licensed for sale in the same way alcohol is. But then again I think that all drug use should be de-criminalised with regulated production and distribution.

Cheers,
H

When you reflect on the damage inflicted on users and their families, there's not much humor in drug and alcohol use/abuse. It is often hard for the user to discern the difference between use and abuse.

Best friend in youth - mental hospital permanent brain damage from drug abuse.

Casual friends from high school - became prostitutes for drug habit.

Many friends from youth still in drug haze thirty years later.

Family member indulging in drugs and ignoring children - both young parents involved, horrible situation for the children.

Close friend - lost his college age son to an overdose.

I've seen too much for it to be funny.

wab said:
So, what's the latest on smoking pot and lung cancer?    A relative of mine died of lung cancer at a not-too-old age.   She was a nurse and very healthy, but she was also a hippy who I'm sure indulged.   I always assumed it was pot that killed her, but the connection isn't well established....

Well, breathing smoke of any sort is not such a great idea... :-\

The societal costs of alcohol far eclipse those of a recreational Drug like marijuana, and to lump MJ into the same class as Cocaine or Crack is totally unfair, as it is to subscribe to Reefer Madness and to suggest that the use of a recreational drug will create a state of dependancy for all casual users.

Not since University Days in the 60's, but I do enjoy wine with all my meals, does that make me an alcoholic or an Oneophile??

Maximillion said:
Not since University Days in the 60's, but I do enjoy wine with all my meals, does that make me an alcoholic or an Oneophile??

Only if you pour wine on your Wheaties for breakfast. :D

I never tried the brownies.  Anyone tried em?  "Don't bogart that brownie, my friend,...."

I'm trying to image the buzz compared to a shotgunned hit of Michoacan.  :eek:

Cool. I dont eat wheaties, so I'm good.

Wab - I dont know if any studies demonstrate the cancer causing effects of mj, but I'd imagine that if smoking cigarettes does the trick (wait...is there really proof of that? ::) ) and most of the same chemicals are in pot, and you're smoking it without a filter, and you're not even sure exactly WHAT it is you're smoking or where it exactly came from...

I think I also saw one of those 'funny' stats that said 1 joint was equal to 6 or 8 or 10 cigarettes.

As far as "badness", should I completely screw up my parenting and find that my son smokes pot now and then once he's grown up and moved out (cuz that **** aint happening in My House of course), I'd be less than thrilled, but I wouldnt be as disappointed as if he turned out to be a drinker or cigarette smoker.

It'd be way better than finding out he smokes those thin little cigars... :LOL:

Brownies...all things being equal, smoking gives you way more buzz than eating the same amount. Tea is good but even less of a buzz.

Oh yeah, and dont bother trying to smoke catnip. It apparently only works on cats.

I pretty much spent the decade of the 70's stoned. I continued to occasionally smoke pot until about 5 years ago when it preciptated a massive panic attack! I thought I was dying and told my DW to take me to the emergency room. Fortunately, she realized what was going on and kept me calm until it subsided. I haven't toked up since then. I do miss it sometimes. My system doesn't do well with booze so I am now completely clean and sober. Guess thats why I am....

Grumpy

If my memory is correct brownies don't give you that immediate high but a slower build up, kind of like a time released pill. It's also a slower down.

MDW said:
When you reflect on the damage inflicted on users and their families, there's not much humor in drug and alcohol use/abuse.  It is often hard for the user to discern the difference between use and abuse.

Best friend in youth - mental hospital permanent brain damage from drug abuse.

Casual friends from high school - became prostitutes for drug habit.

Many friends from youth still in drug haze thirty years later.

Family member indulging in drugs and ignoring children - both young parents involved, horrible situation for the children.

Close friend - lost his college age son to an overdose.

I've seen too much for it to be funny.

Abuse of anything can destroy health, fortunes and lives.  Drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, gambling, and many other things are addictive.  Having grown up with an alcoholic father and seeing the effects of various addictions on my family and friends I agree that some people can be addicted to just about anything to the point of destroying their lives.  

Some seem to skate by with no problems so how does one allow one group of people the freedom to imbibe while others should be forbidden from every touching the stuff?  It is a universal issue and one that will continue to so for the foreseeable future.  

Making fun of MJ use as is being done here is harmless.  If we were talking about Crack or Meth or heroine I would agree with you but MJ has never been proven to be as adictive or destructive to your health as the others...even alcohol and cigaretts would seem to be far worse from the studies I have seen.  

Try not to take this thread so seriously.   ;)
It is not meant to condone the misuse of dangerous drugs.  

Caused a panic attack for me once too. I had interviewed for the job I eventually ER'ed from but hadnt heard from them for a while (which turned out to be SOP), so I had written them off. My girlfriend at the time came back from a trip to LA and had brought a joint with her she copped off a friend. Neither of us had smoked anything in years. Fifiteen minutes later we're sitting on the couch watching tv and eating pizza.

Next day, the company calls and wants to make me an offer. Offer of course is contigent on a urine test and background check.

AIYEEEE!

I told them I was out of town for four days, and would accept the offer when I got back, which was cool with them. I had three days from accepting the offer to taking the test. Rumor then was drinking cranberry juice would flush it out of your system faster. I didnt wanna even LOOK at a cranberry juice bottle for a year...

Big panic attack... ;)

Panic attack maximus.

In the 70's I realized that sex after smoking MJ lasted longer and was better. But, MJ also had the affect of causing "sober" sex to last less than 2 minutes.

New girlfriend, no MJ. That's panic! :D

Back
Top Bottom