Snake In Car

While driving through on the way to Montana. Walking the dog at a rest stop, we came upon a sign saying "Watch out for Snakes." Never seen a sign like that before at a rest stop.

You'll see those signs at most rest stops in Arizona.

While driving through on the way to Montana. Walking the dog at a rest stop, we came upon a sign saying "Watch out for Snakes." Never seen a sign like that before at a rest stop.

Imagine how I felt when we started touring Iguacu Falls in Brazil, and we came upon this sign!

Attachments

• DCP00966.JPG
    DCP00966.JPG
    393.4 KB · Views: 2
Is that sign supposed to say "Watch out for snakes" or is it the name of the place, with a pictorial snake warning?

According to Google Translate, it means:

-- Circulate them for Senderos

According to Babylon.com it means:

-- Travels through them relatively

And according to Yahoo Babel Fish, it means:

-- it circulates for senderos los

Imagine how I felt when we started touring Iguacu Falls in Brazil, and we came upon this sign!

Is that sign supposed to say "Watch out for snakes" or is it the name of the place, with a pictorial snake warning?

Walk on the paths. Otherwise known as stay off the grass and don't wander off.

Thanks for the clarification! We didn't know what it said, but we sure did stay on the paths - the universal picture of "snake!!!" got the point across! :ROFLMAO:

But why the picture of a snake? Does the sign mean "stay on the path, because there are snakes in the undergrowth"?

But why the picture of a snake? Does the sign mean "stay on the path, because there are snakes in the undergrowth"?
Funny. I just glanced at the (little) image on my screen, then read the words, concluded that it was a path, wrote my post and didn't give it another thought. Now that I look closely, it is a snake, the sign still reads stay on the path, and it also means beware of snakes. They also probably don't want people wandering off. Simple girl, your instincts served you well.

This thread is useless without pictures - and without a mention of Janet H and her late night encounter with a reptile in the toilet. She claims there is a photo of her fang-marked 16 year old tush in a medical journal somewhere but I won't believe it until I see it...

That reminds me of one of the neighbor's story. The neighbor was just starting to potty train the youngest girl and her 5-year-old brother told her to beware of the Toilet Snake that would bite.

It took another year to convince the youngest that there was no such snake.

That reminds me of one of the neighbor's story. The neighbor was just starting to potty train the youngest girl and her 5-year-old brother told her to beware of the Toilet Snake that would bite.

It took another year to convince the youngest that there was no such snake.

What? Toilet Snakes AREN'T real? :blink:

Trouser snakes are the ones you need to worry about.

Depending on where you live in the country, it may be possible to have one of these folks come and take it away:

3226109_com_snake_handling.jpg

Back
Top Bottom