Snowdog Track Machine

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm wondering if anyone has used or been around this type of track snow sled?

I have been educating myself on them and have talked to one guy that owns one. What I have learned is ~95% positive results so thinking hard on getting one. I found a new Snowdog standard in a neighboring state that would ship it to me. They are checking on shipping costs now and said they would get back to me on Monday at the latest.

Snowmobiles are always broke down and are more complex, bigger, heavier and need to be licensed etc. etc..

This I can haul around and unload easily and would be a good fit for what I need it for.

If interested in the Snowdog here is their site: https://snowdog.com/

Snowmobiles are always broke down and are more complex, bigger, heavier and need to be licensed etc. etc..

This I can haul around and unload easily and would be a good fit for what I need it for.

Bold by me. Nope, my Polaris(sold it last spring) was very reliable. Low maint. We would trail ride and tow equipment in a snow trailer (for ice fishing, trail clearing, etc...). I watched the video. This machine would not be practical for my purposes at all. But, as our HI brother always says, "your results may vary".

No, you are totally right, not a machine for everyone's purposes. I don't need to have a machine for speed or high-country powder. I need something to get in and out, in wintah and most wintah's I can drive to just about any of the places I need to go. I don't want a big machine sitting most of the time or which I need to license and insure and maybe never use it in most years.

This machine you can use on dry ground (summer, fall, spring) in the back country to haul out wood and hunting gear etc.
Thanks for your input and I totally agree with your view. I have had snow machines and things are more costly in repairs and never used them for their purpose, so for me it was an over kill in many ways.

Now that's interesting. At our CO cabin in winter the interior roads are closed except for tracked vehicles. So we park in a plowed lot then either use snowmobiles or our Polaris Ranger (heated cab) with tracks to run a couple miles to the cabin. But I spent $24k for a used Ranger, used snowmobiles cost anywhere from a few hundred up to $20k for an all out new turbo machine.
Haven't seen any up there yet but I'm sure someone will get one. But it won't be as much fun or comfortable as other types of snow machines. We do use our Ranger all year but the snowmobile does sit all year except for a few days running.

Now that's interesting. At our CO cabin in winter the interior roads are closed except for tracked vehicles. So we park in a plowed lot then either use snowmobiles or our Polaris Ranger (heated cab) with tracks to run a couple miles to the cabin. But I spent $24k for a used Ranger, used snowmobiles cost anywhere from a few hundred up to $20k for an all out new turbo machine.
Haven't seen any up there yet but I'm sure someone will get one. But it won't be as much fun or comfortable as other types of snow machines. We do use our Ranger all year but the snowmobile does sit all year except for a few days running.
They sure are an interesting unit. I have talked to 6 people that have them and really haven't heard a bad thing about them. Perfect for fishing, hunting any time of the year, logging and so many jobs at the ranch it could do. The side x sides, 4 wheelers, snow machines are great tools and recreation fun, and all have their place and almost all can do the same thing but in a different way.

The SnowDog checks every box for what I need it to do for a fraction of the costs.

There is a lot of dealers in the US and operation is moving to Iowa with all manufacturing and parts being made in the US this summer.

I had a hard time to one everyone was sold out, but I did find the one I wanted next state ovah (Dakota). Just waiting for a total of bill and a handshake will happen.

Last edited:
Looks like a very useful gizmo for many situations!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom