So, yeah, this is what retired life is like

Fermion

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
40 feet up in the air, 92 degree day (well I quit at noon lol)

Ah, retired life.

Attachments

• up1.jpg
    up1.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 422
Is it brand new construction or residing and working on an existing home?

To each their own but to me "retired life" would be paying someone else to do that while I watched from a recliner.

To each their own but to me "retired life" would be paying someone else to do that while I watched from a recliner.

I think that too sometimes lol...but then again, sometimes I look up at it and think...we built this entirely ourselves.

Some people like knitting, others like building weird tower houses I guess.

I was only 13' off the ground when I fell off a ladder and broke both legs. Now I'm limited to 8' step ladders.

I was only 13' off the ground when I fell off a ladder and broke both legs. Now I'm limited to 8' step ladders.

I was only 4.5 feet off the cement ground when I fell and broke my hip in my 30's. I would not put myself in a position to fall 40 feet at any age.

Impressive work. But 40 ft height is too much for me! I try to limit myself to no more than my 8 ft ladder.

Nice work! There's a part of me that's dreaming of building - or gutting and rebuilding - a house. I get bored pretty quickly in a recliner. Having renovated an old wreck of a house while living in it, raising a family in it, and working full-time, I think starting fresh and taking my time to do it right would be a lot of fun.

Wowza, I'd be getting vertigo at that height.

Had to blow it up for a better look... Very Nice work... Love the custom ladder on the scaffold, and notice the rope and harness...
Didn't mind heights before... Worked construction on scaffolds, Tree work, Certified in high angle rescue, been several hundred feet above ground hanging on a rope...
After my 28 foot fall from our tree, I now get a little jiggtery around edges for some reason. Glad our restoration home is a single story.

Wow--no wonder we haven't heard from you in a while!
House is coming along great. What a sense of accomplishment to build your own home nowadays.

Great house! Kenny Quinn who was our governor at one time and a millionaire climbed on his roof in Las Vegas heat to fix something and fell to his death. He was 73 and his wife begged him not to do it.

No roof work for me. Risk/reward ratio.

Heh, heh, that's why I live in a condo. I'm WAY beyond ladders. YMMV

Thanks. I'm getting senile I remember that now. Lol

It is not your fault! We are so slow I had almost forgotten we were building a house myself.

I always wanted a house with that kind of viewing area (whatever that's called). So, now we're in a concrete egg-crate condo building - but it has a great view from the 15th floor. Enjoy!:greetings10:

40 feet up in the air, 92 degree day (well I quit at noon lol)

Ah, retired life.

At that height you plan on convection AC?

I have tried to describe a house like this to my wife for a number of years. Now I can show her what I'm talking about. Hopefully, if your comfortable, it would be neat to see the inside of the look out area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom