Sold the Company, Wahoo!

T

TromboneAl

Signed the papers, so I'm almost totally retired now!! Yay!

Just had 75% of a bottle of champagne to celebrate.

I provide tech support for several months, and am available for questions for a year, and then I'll be totally retired.

I think I got a fair price, and I'm impressed with the guy who is taking over.

This is fun -- not as scared as I thought I'd be.

You sold the company to REWahoo? Congrats to both of you!

So, how'd you find the buyer (or vice versa), and is he anybody we know?

Have the rest of the bottle, then go stuff the beaver.

Congratulations Al!!!
TromboneAl said:
I provide tech support for several months, and am available for questions for a year, and then I'll be totally retired.

I will be glad to provide instruction in the art of selective incompetence, at a very reasonable rate... ;)

Congratulations, Al! Is this the second-most enjoyable day of running your own company, or the MOST enjoyable?

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
I will be glad to provide instruction in the art of selective incompetence, at a very reasonable rate... ;)
I'm having trouble keeping up... are we still talking about stuffed beavers?

I refuse to comment further on the grounds that I may incinerate myself.

Speaking of which, I bought the wife a 60,000 car yesterday. Good night ladies, gentlemen, the beaver and john boy... :p

Here's how I found the buyer. He was a user of the main program I sell. He wrote and said, "Hey, it would be really nice if it did blah blah blah, and I've written up a little sample app to show you what I mean." To which I replied, "Why don't you buy the company and make the changes yourself?"

A little more complicated than that, but that's the basic idea. There was actually another potential buyer involved, but that other buyer wouldn't have been technically or businessly savy enough to handle things.

Here's how the legal stuff turned out. The buyer and I wrote up an agreement, then I got a lawyer, recommended to me by my accountant, and had him put it in legalese. But the agreement he wrote up was so sparse and simple that the buyer's attorney essentially rewrote the whole thing. A little back and forth, but it didn't take too long.

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Have the rest of the bottle, then go stuff the beaver.

Congratulations Al!!!

Although I'm sure you are an expert in that area, ;) my guess would be that Al is trying to get out of having to work. Unless he's making $150 an hour, then I'm ready to be trained as well. :D

BTW Al, congrats and enjoy your new found wealth.

MJ

I can't decide whether to say, "Way to go Al !!!" or "F*ck you - you got out before I did"

Best regards to you !!!!

-helen

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Speaking of which, I bought the wife a 60,000 car yesterday. Good night ladies, gentlemen, the beaver and john boy... :p

What kind of car did you buy?

Back
Top Bottom