some pics of our retirement community in northeast pa

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We bought a future retirement home in lake wallenpaupack pa, heres some pics from around the development.. the little house by the pond is not our home,thats the pump house for the tanglwood ski park which is in our development

DSC_5369_70_71.jpg

MCJ_4784.jpg
MCJ_3309.jpg

Gorgeous scenery Mathjak, when do you move [-]out of work [/-] into the new place?

R

well we hoped by now but with this market i think about 2-3 years now would be more realistic.... im just not comfortable taking er with things as ugly as they are now

Yeah, that's why I'm still here too. Got a nice place for retirement (not as pretty) but afraid to leap in a declining market...keep telling myself it'll get better in a year or two.

R

Call me nuts - - I'm still planning to ER in November. Pretty hair-raising to even be thinking this way with the market like it is.

90% of my income will be coming from investments. It does help that in November I will be eligible for lifetime medical.

I know where I want to retire, but I don't want to build and I am not sure I want to buy a house there until I sell my house here.

BEAUTIFUL photos, Mathjak!! Now those will inspire you, if nothing else would.

I know where I want to retire, but I don't want to build and I am not sure I want to buy a house there until I sell my house here.

That's probably a wise position to take. I don't know about the RE market there, but around here it can take quite a while to sell a house. If you have cash buying one is easy.

Nice photos!

I am glad to see it is still so beautiful. DW and I actually honeymooned in the Poconos over twenty years ago and we thought that lake was pretty then.

Enjoy!

W2R, in you case I think going ahead with your plans makes perfect since. By the way, we found a builder and custom built our home. Would do it again and recommend it. We are still good friends with the builder.

Did you tweak the colors/contrast? That is just vivid & idyllic looking! One of these days gonna have to see the turning of the leaves in the NE.

i have different color profiles i can load into the nikon d300 that lets me use different renditions as i choose

It's beautiful! I hope you are very happy there when you are in a position to retire.

Did you tweak the colors/contrast? That is just vivid & idyllic looking! One of these days gonna have to see the turning of the leaves in the NE.

I grew up in the NE. The colors are unbelievable.

Heres the house

heres the house in lake wallenpaupack

DSC_0007_8_9_2_.jpg
DSC_0006_5_4.jpg

better than termites ...ha ha ha.....

Very nice!

Only problem I had with lake W. was all the noise from the powerboats. Areyou far enough away to avoid that?

Uh oh. I see fire ants...

I actually kinda miss my Louisiana fireants - once in a while - like today when it's 14 degrees and brite sunshine on the front porch.

Just kidding - a little.

heh heh heh - oh yes - great pictures. :cool:

Very nice!

Only problem I had with lake W. was all the noise from the powerboats. Areyou far enough away to avoid that?

yes we are about 1mile away and 2000 ft straight up from the lake, we are in tanglwood north and our development co-exists with the tanglwood ski park at the top

Beautiful pictures. Looks like you should have a gorgeous retirement location.

Back
Top Bottom