Spiritual Science, Sacred Geometry, Anthroposophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewTimes

Dryer sheet aficionado
I'm wondering if there are any folks within this group on a spiritual path that are akin to these three phrases, "Spiritual Science", "Sacred Geometry" or "Anthroposophy". If you have a resonance, knowledge of, or an interest please respond. There is a vast amount of sacred, ancient wisdom that's time has come of age for modern day expression.

Did a forum search turn up any past mentions or threads on this?

I had Arthroscopy on my knees a couple decades ago...does that count?

Of course it counts: ONE knee, TWO knees. Let us know when you have an arthroscopy on the third knee--that will put you into the bonus round...which gives you a chance to win a vacation to Mexico with all bar drinks included for free.

Not knowledgeable about this, I stumbled onto one definition of Anthroposophy"

"Anthroposophy is as an esoteric crypto-religious organisation based on a mystical and racist view of humanity and an astrological and clairvoyant view of understanding science. Anthroposophy is full of barmpot ideas, such as the literal existence of gnomes, that the British Isles floats on the sea, homeopathy works, and burning mice ritually will protect your crops from them."

Doesn't sound like something this place would have much of going on..

burning mice ritually will protect your crops from them."
It will absolutely protect crops from those particular mice.

Criticizing improbable, unproven, unfalsifiable "science" will get a person labelled as "close minded," don't ask how I know this.

Last edited:

Yabbut, it'll enrage their immediate and extended families who will demand immediate retribution and reparations.

Well, it was a long shot at best thinking some insightful dialogue could occur. And the post has only be online for a few minutes so maybe within the membership some others will come forward. I knew this type of post would be fodder for some. But I didn't expect it to hijacked so fast. Oh well, it's a public forum and everyone has their right to post what they want within the forum guidelines. And it appears this will be a popular posting if anyone dares to dip their toe into the subject, not about knees, but with lots of questioning comments and soft ridicule.

NewTimes, I don't think anyone is trying to demean your post. I would call it just a bit of gentle humor.

But you're new here and newbies everywhere have to expect a bit of ribbing when they veer too far from what is expected.

Spend a little time perusing the forums, including older threads, and learn about what people are actually interested in. I think you'll find that members who follow those esoteric disciplines are few and far between. Use the search function to explore the forums.

Not trying to discourage you, but it's always wise to learn about a new group and try to fit in before bringing up unusual topics.

i have a rarely revisited hobby in Astrology , but i treat Astrology as a tool to refine personality traits rather than forecast the future

but i am not sure we are on the same page here

NewTimes, I don't think anyone is trying to demean your post. I would call it just a bit of gentle humor.

But you're new here and newbies everywhere have to expect a bit of ribbing when they veer too far from what is expected.

Spend a little time perusing the forums, including older threads, and learn about what people are actually interested in. I think you'll find that members who follow those esoteric disciplines are few and far between. Use the search function to explore the forums.

Not trying to discourage you, but it's always wise to learn about a new group and try to fit in before bringing up unusual topics.
I believe you are misreading my post. Friendly banter is always a feature of all BBS, which I have been enjoyed on being on others for years. A newbie here yes, but not to public forums. I did search this BBS to see if there were topics of similar nature. There were not. So I posted this one. As on all forums, keyboard communication is much different than face-to-face, and many of us type what we would not say. In the short time I have been active on the ER forum, I have enjoyed the discussions. Or I would not have returned and placed several posts, and have a few PMs with others.

My 2 cents,

NT - Is your intent to learn, incite, debate, educate? Certainly there are forums specific to the subject matter, that you likely know is fodder for ridicule. Other such topics - politics - are subjects where discussion is not allowed on this forum due to the quick disintegration of polite behavior.

I sense that any on this forum who’s interest you have garnered, will meet you on the appropriate forums for further discussion.

Peace

NewTimes ,

you will meet some skepticism in most places
as a former Astrology hobbyist and explorer of alternate concepts i don't yet understand your beliefs

probably others will be unsure also .

cheers !

Criticizing improbable, unproven, unfalsifiable "science" will get a person labelled as "close minded," don't ask how I know this.

I call that open-minded. Open to reality, rather than blind, mystical belief in something without proof, simply because you enjoy believing it.

I'm sorry, this is a sore spot for me right now. A close relative chose the mystical path when diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, refusing "real" medical help. She's dying now as we speak, and regrets that decision. It's hard to watch what it's done to her family.

But it's worse than that one case. I think society in general is much too willing to accept BS (and, trying not to get too political here) has lost its grounding in fact or reality.

Modern medicine is simply what happens when traditional belief systems and folk remedies are rigorously tested. The ones proven effective make the cut. Many don't.

NT - Is your intent to learn, incite, debate, educate? Certainly there are forums specific to the subject matter, that you likely know is fodder for ridicule.

Well said.

Quote:
"Anthroposophy is as an esoteric crypto-religious organisation based on a mystical and racist view of humanity and an astrological and clairvoyant view of understanding science. Anthroposophy is full of barmpot ideas, such as the literal existence of gnomes, that the British Isles floats on the sea, homeopathy works, and burning mice ritually will protect your crops from them."

well homeopathy causes a dilemma , if it doesn't work , neither should vaccines , they operate on similar principles

neither homeopathy nor vaccines have a good track record when used on me ( unwanted outcomes on both ) ( also the Chinese practitioners NEVER offer acupuncture to me when i consult them ... just a quirk i have noticed )

without understanding the lines of logic in other areas i can't explore an informed opinion

PS the British Royal family are big believers in homeopathy , ( maybe centuries of resisting poisoning is their foundation to believing )

Last edited by a moderator:

does it also protect the crops from diseases those mice carried , or did it just provide a different form of fertilizer ( assuming the ashes were spread in the field )

i prefer the snake technique , i collect the shed skin of a venomous reptile and hang it for clear display to ward off burglars .

should the surprised snake and burglar meet .... well i call that home security ( a snake has never stolen a precious possession from me , and prefers not to bite me ... so ... who am i going to prefer ??)

Mmmm, no.

Well, according to my system of beliefs, it absolutely does count. What makes someone else's system of beliefs any more viable than my system of beliefs?

NewTimes said:
Well, it was a long shot at best thinking some insightful dialogue could occur. ...
You did get insightful dialog (some of it with a dash of friendly humor/sarcasm, but that's OK, IMO). If you did not recognize it as such, it might be due to you being closed minded.

"Spiritual Science"? Science can be good. Spirituality can be good. But it seems to me that anyone with a basic understanding of both would recognize that phrase as an oxymoron.

-ERD50

well homeopathy causes a dilemma , if it doesn't work , neither should vaccines , they operate on similar principles ....
No dilemma at all. That's the kind of logical fallacy that people use to defend this quackery.

Sure, there are some similarities in the descriptions, that does not make them similar in practice/application/result.

Show me actual valid data to back up homeopathy. Should be easy if it 'works'.

The remainder of your post is filled with more logical fallacies. Anecdote is not data, "appeal to authority", and others.

... without understanding the lines of logic in other areas i can't explore an informed opinion ....

Understanding isn't always needed (though helpful). I don't think that even the greatest minds understand gravity, but a toddler knows much about how it affects their life, and can deal with it.

Results can be tested even if we don't understand the mechanism.

-ERD50

well homeopathy causes a dilemma , if it doesn't work , neither should vaccines , they operate on similar principles
Vaccines work when (typically) proteins of the target pathogen trigger a measurable, effective immune response. In homeopathy, a substance that is supposed to represent the illness-causing entity is diluted to the point that not a single molecule likely remains in the eventual solution, which is administered to the patient. I'm sure there are many variations on this theme that various homeopathic believers claim to be more effective. We understand how vaccines work. We don't understand how homeopathy could possibly work, and controlled studies clearly indicate it does not.

ERD50,

show vaccines that work ( on me ) apart from Tetanus and Polio everything i have been vaccinated against i have caught at least twice afterwards

i had to withdraw from a medical research project for just this reason

neither treatment had the desired outcome on me , so does my adverse outcomes prove or disprove the similar theories

quite obviously i have since become an anti-vax believer , based on personal outcomes

now the complexity sets in when i have a self elluding device ( delivers a chemical to suppress the immune system ) but also regular vaccinations that fail to achieve their goal to ward off illnesses i am now more likely to get more often

... so how can i not tolerate homeopathy theory but believe vaccine theory when they both fail when that should succeed ... and homeopathy has only failed me once from one course of treatment

My 2 cents,

NT - Is your intent to learn, incite, debate, educate? Certainly there are forums specific to the subject matter, that you likely know is fodder for ridicule. Other such topics - politics - are subjects where discussion is not allowed on this forum due to the quick disintegration of polite behavior.

I sense that any on this forum who’s interest you have garnered, will meet you on the appropriate forums for further discussion.

Peace
It's a stretch to see where my post would have an intent to incite. I specially mentioned 3 areas, that if one takes the time to Google any of the three, can have a very good idea of their explanations. As this was the "Other topics" forum, this seemed the best place to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom