switching insurance

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have all my insurance with one company and am fed up with them. I am going to switch. the question I have is that each insurance comes up at different times of the year. If I switch, and sign up with another company, they will want me to pay 6 months all at that time. will the remaining premiums I paid my current company be lost or will they reimburse me for the remaining time? Just thought someone on here might know from experience. thanks

frank

When I switched my car insurance out of Liberty, which I had paid in full for a year, they gave me back the unused portion down to the day.

Insurance policies can be either pro rata (full prorated cancellation) or short rate (less than full prorated cancellation). I suspect most of the large personal lines insurers are pro rata, but I would check with your insurer.

Your former insurance company should give you a refund for the unused period of time. Just contact them after your new coverage is in place.

pro-rata refund when I switched from Amica to NJM

I am surprised you have more than one company.
Both Amica and NJM gave discounts when bundling.

I only had one company state farm.
It's good to switch or at least shop.

We had an agent who was playing games with our driving records in order to lock us in. We only found out by shopping and questioning the quoted rates. Turned out our agent didn't disclose the facts to Nexis Lexis. The accident where I was rear-ended was not my fault!

Back
Top Bottom