T-Mobile / Experian hacked

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Reports of a new hack this morning Highly personal data for 15 million T-Mobile applicants stolen by hackers | Ars Technica
Hackers broke into a server and made off with names, driver license numbers, and other personal information belonging to more than 15 million US consumers who applied for cellular service from T-Mobile.
The breach was the result of an attack on a database maintained by credit-reporting service Experian, which was contracted to process credit applications for T-Mobile customers
Here's a T-Mobile press release CEO Responds To Experian Data Breach | T-Mobile
Here's an Experian press release https://www.experian.com/data-breach/t-mobilefacts.html

Affected users will get two years of credit monitoring for free - from Experian. Something tells me not all will find this reassuring.

Lucky them :facepalm:. I only got one year free credit monitoring after getting my tax info hacked.

Now I start to wonder if my Experian info used to monitor getting hacked via the IRS thing is compromised :blush:.

Sigh. I'm on T-Mobile and most likely affected. I already have free monitoring from the Target hack. It looks like I can add two more years of monitoring for free.

I really wish my state (WA) offered free credit locking. And free lifetime credit monitoring. At this point, credit locking/monitoring should be free for everyone, at least until companies can guarantee the security of our data.

Yeah - stinks. Especially when it's the credit rating agency that's hacked - and not the first time for Experian!!!

DH likely caught by this - but this should let him do his credit freezes for free now!

Thank goodness he's already set up IRS and SSA accounts.

I have taken to assuming my personal information is in the wind. The Chinese got it from OPM. Target gave away some more. Think how many outfits never even caught the hack. My credit has been frozen for many years and will remain so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom