T-Mobile raising price?

My wife got told that the reason her bill was higher this month was that she had called a LAND-line in Guam. Yes, we have contacts in Guam. We'll just see about NEXT month. She tells me she has unlimited data, and can communicate with them via a couple of internet apps. for no charge--- like Facetime.

My own experience with T-Mobile is extremely rude, stinky and awful face to face service, with assurances and promises broken. They suck dirt. Could not hit water if they fell out of a boat. We use them for internet, but I use Consumer Cellular for my own phone.

Another vote for ATT prepaid for $300/year. Have had it on the 2nd year now. Works well.

Last edited:
Fixed it, it's $300/year or $25/month (thanks). Not sure what fees and taxes are but total was $300 for the year.

Fixed it, it's $300/year or $25/month (thanks). Not sure what fees and taxes are but total was $300 for the year.
You only pay $300 for the full year, nothing more? Asking as their website shows as $300 plus fees and taxes, no mention of what those are though. Screenshot_20231015-092931.jpg

I have been very happy with AT&T prepaid plan, $25 a month, $300 prepaid for a year. It looks like it has become a better deal since I got it near two years ago.
https://www.att.com/buy/wireless/pr...&ds_kids=p74965282126&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclsrc=ds

AT&T PREPAIDSM
12-month Unlimited

Unlimited talk, text & data
After 16GB, speeds slowed to max 1.5 Mbps for the month.

Bullet point 1 is, Unlimited talk, text & data After 16GB, speeds slowed to max 1.5 Mbps for the month.

5G access included

Note that the banner ad shown above lists only 10GB of fast data per month -- not 16GB.

Im very content with my Mint Mobile plan, 15GB of data plan for $240 for the year....
Also now owned by T-Mobile, hopefully they dont drive those prices up too...

This has been talked about a lot on the T-Mobile subreddit.

Only some programs are having this done. I am on Magenta Max which is not one of the programs this is happening on.

You can opt out. Don't do it until they start announcing this formally. Some people trying to opt out early are having some problems.

Anyway, if you get notice this is happening, just call in, listen to the speech and opt out.

This has been talked about a lot on the T-Mobile subreddit.

Only some programs are having this done. I am on Magenta Max which is not one of the programs this is happening on.

You can opt out. Don't do it until they start announcing this formally. Some people trying to opt out early are having some problems.

Anyway, if you get notice this is happening, just call in, listen to the speech and opt out.

I’m glad you were able to verify Magenta Max will not be affected as that is our program.

Nevertheless I will be paying attention to emails.

I have a feeling that this move will be a lot harder for T-Mobile to deal with than they expected.

I have T-Mobile prepaid plan for 15/month with no fees or taxes.

I just took care of the opt out on the T-Mobile app via chat. I waited less than 5 minutes. I asked to opt out.

The response was that the migration is just an invitation and not to worry, you would have to approve it to be changed to a new plan. I told her that I haven't gotten the email or text yet to invite me, can I opt out ahead of time? Yes, she took care of that for me. She told me she was able to opt out the account from plan migration, rest assured that there will be no change to the account.

She also told me that when signing in my account on the website (not the app) there will be a popup alerting that the account has been an opt out. That may take a day or so to activate. She also sent me the "System memo" code and effective date.

I couldn't save the chat but I took screen caps...just in case.

I direct messaged with a T-Mobile rep a few days ago and apparently my ONE Plan Military won't be affected. ONE Plan will be affected, but not the plans with a military (veteran) discount. Don't know whether that applies to other plans that have a discount for military.

I have not received a migration email or a migration text as of 10/18.

I just took care of the opt out on the T-Mobile app via chat. I waited less than 5 minutes. I asked to opt out.

The response was that the migration is just an invitation and not to worry, you would have to approve it to be changed to a new plan. I told her that I haven't gotten the email or text yet to invite me, can I opt out ahead of time? Yes, she took care of that for me. She told me she was able to opt out the account from plan migration, rest assured that there will be no change to the account.

She also told me that when signing in my account on the website (not the app) there will be a popup alerting that the account has been an opt out. That may take a day or so to activate. She also sent me the "System memo" code and effective date.

I couldn't save the chat but I took screen caps...just in case.

You can also use DM (direct message) chat on Twitter. I like to use this because I can do it on my laptop. The Twitter account to use is @TMobileHelp. I use this method to address any issue including issues related to my TMobile internet.

Haven't heard from them yet. I'm on a Magenta Max 55+ plan, and I've read that it's not subject to this change. But time will tell.

From the company email, according to 9to5Mac:

Last week, some internal training documents were leaked to a website that covers mobile industry updates. The media quickly picked up the information and ran with it, as they often do with leaks. Unfortunately, docs like this – without more context – leave a lot of room for interpretation. In this case, it was largely inaccurate and caused a lot of confusion for our customers (rightfully so!).

Mint Mobile, an MVNO that uses the T-Mobile network, is available for $15 per month for unlimited voice, text, and data (although bandwidth may be restricted after 5 gigabytes per month). Higher monthly data amounts before possible bandwidth restrictions are available for higher prices. They do not have a brick and mortar presence; you sign up via their website. They will ship you a SIM card or you can use eSIM, if your phone supports it, for essentially immediate access. This is an annual prepaid plan and supports 5G. We have been using them for 4 years with no price increases or issues.

ARS Technica reports T-Mobile will change plans on some users without prior notice, moving them to a higher priced plan, effectively raising prices on these users in November. Article here

According to the article, one must call to cancel the change. Customer service reps are being trained to discourage a change.

This will be fun to watch.

Last edited:
“We are not raising the price of any of our plans; we are moving you to a newer plan with more benefits at a different cost.”:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

From the company email, according to 9to5Mac:

Internal training documents? Yup.

Netflix announced another price increase. Our T-Mobile plan also includes Netflix and that discount figured in my choice to drop Verizon. It has to be pressuring the bottom line, and I wonder if this soon to be dropped, or at least reduced.

MichaelB said:
Netflix announced another price increase. Our T-Mobile plan also includes Netflix and that discount figured in my choice to drop Verizon. It has to be pressuring the bottom line, and I wonder if this soon to be dropped, or at least reduced.
+1. Same here.

Inflation causes prices to rise…so I just get used to it. I recall the early 80's…we will hope the fed gets it under control sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom