take-out with a twist

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
DH and I enjoy eating out. Sometimes, though, we prefer doing take-out - more relaxed, you don't have to pay the high alcohol fees, etc.

Last night we did take-out with a twist. The weather was awesome, and we really wanted to be outside near the water. So we got our take-out and went to the park. We took a cooler with a few "refreshments." We enjoyed our dinner by the river - watching the boats go by and creating a unique memory. Not just another dinner out!

Just thought I'd share in case it inspires others to try it :)

like it!....thanks for the tip...now that we're having spring weather we are anxious to be out....maybe a picnic is in our near future....this is what I've enjoyed doing for Father's Day & my birthday...get some deli food...baseball mitts..frisbee..blankets..gather the crew...and head to a local park by a lake...very enjoyable...better than going to a restaurant....bon appetite! :)

Good idea. I would like to do the same very much. Only problem is that DW would not like me bringing my fishin' pole.

Seriously, I'm glad you enjoyed. DW and I did this once with the inlaws. Simple burgers/fries and enjoyed it very much. Look forward to doing it again soon (w/o the inlaws) :D.

Back
Top Bottom