Thanksgiving Day Meet-Up 2019?

redduck

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Suppose the market continues to vigorously head down in the upcoming year. Might it be a good idea to have a Thanksgiving Day meet-up at Red Badger's Soup Kitchen and Inn?

The Web Site is listed below. We feed anywhere from 100 to 150 folks Monday through Friday, 11AM-1PM. As for lodging, you're on your own for that. :) We will feed anyone who comes in the door.

https://www.angelsandsparrows.org/

FWIW, I mostly do some "shopping," where I go to local grocery stores and pick up donations. Then I weigh and put away the inventory. There's always a place for a strong back and a weak mind. :LOL: I do work in the dining room when there's a need and on holidays.

Yesterday was difficult as I learned one of my dear friends (and most popular customer) was very ill. I prayerfully hope to see him return soon.

Suppose the market continues to vigorously head down in the upcoming year. ...

What 'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

For the past year the total market is UP about 3%, a 60/40 blend is UP about 1%.

Short term drops? Ignore 'em!

https://grow.acorns.com/how-often-do-stock-market-corrections-happen/?gsi=pKfSKUM

The technical definition (of a 'correction') is when a major index, such as the Dow Jones industrial average (which tracks 30 of the largest U.S. stocks) or the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index, falls at least 10 percent below its recent high ....

Going back to 1928, Bespoke Investment Group calculates the average occurrence to be a little more than once a year, but sticking with post-WWII data bumps the average up to every 16 or 17 months
Time for a nap.

-ERD50

What 'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
-ERD50

Had to look for that quote: ((below is from Wikipedia)

"As Arnold Jackson, Gary Coleman popularized the catchphrase "Wha'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" in the show Diff'rent Strokes.

...In the 2003 California recall election, Coleman was a candidate for governor. .. After Arnold Schwarzenegger declared his candidacy, Coleman announced that he would vote for Schwarzenegger. Coleman placed 8th in a field of 135 candidates, receiving 14,242 votes."
-----
I was one of the 14242 that voted for him. He had several campaign slogans but the one I liked best was, "I need a job." I figured that was about as honest a slogan as a politician could have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom