The Breakfast Club" re-release

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Just watched Molly Ringwald on the "Today Show". She looked great... Age 47.
She was prepping for a special re-release of "The Breakfast Club" per this bit from "Can I Stream it?... :
Fathom Events, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and BY Experience invite you to join the Brat Pack for the 30th Anniversary Celebration of The Breakfast Club. This beloved classic returns to the big screen in select cinemas nationwide for a special two-day event on Thursday, March 26 and Tuesday, March 31. Newly restored and including a bonus featurette with personal insights from the cast and filmmakers, this event is a must see for all Rebels, Princesses, Outcasts, Brains and Jocks. This film is rated MPAA R. Bonus content not rated. (C) 2015 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.

Posting this because of the part it played in my youngest son's life, and for any memories it may bring back for you. He was the same age as Molly, and we had bought the DVD for his birthday. I was on the road at the time, a few years before retiring, and DW (SAHM) was saddled with watching the film, every day, and twice on Sundays... along with Scott... He was in high school, and lived every moment of the film in his own life, and of course learned every word of the dialogue. The obsession went on for months. :)

When the Today show came on, it was flashback time for us... What a memory! Since some of the ER readers are the same age, wonder if you remembered this, and if it affected you with the same kinds of memory.

When the Today show came on, it was flashback time for us... What a memory! Since some of the ER readers are the same age, wonder if you remembered this, and if it affected you with the same kinds of memory.
I count myself among those who welcome the re-release of this film with the enthusiasm normally reserved for a renewed outbreak of ebola.

Last edited:
I LOVED that movie! I'm 3 years younger than Molly Ringwald and definitely can relate to your youngest son's feelings about it.
I don't know if I would go to the movie theatre to see it (who does that anymore?) but should definitely torture my housemates by making them take a break from Deadwood long enough for me to get my nostalgia on!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom