The home office for the forum + Firecalc

dory36

Early-Retirement.org Founder, Developer of FIRECal
In case any of you wondered, I have made a picture of our LBYM data center/server.

Dory36
datacenter.jpg

TH, I thought that was you sitting there!

Anyone have any idea how to tap into your local streetlight? I'm just curious...

Re: TH, I thought that was you sitting there!

Anyone have any idea how to tap into your local streetlight? I'm just curious...
Veeeeeeeeeery carefully.

I have no idea, but that's not stopping me from posting today. My guess is that there are screw terminals inside the access panel and he screwed a pigtail plug into the terminals. Or maybe they have an outlet inside there for some odd reason.

I'm not sure if street lamps are 110 volt, though. I would almost guess they're 220 or 208, but then some PC equipment could handle that. Some power supplies auto-switch and some have a 110/220 switch on the back.

With all due apologies to Cut-Throat, I think "Blow me!"
is a bit tacky for our dryer sheet flag. Suggest we
stick with the Latin "non sum qualis eram".
It has more class and it took me a while to get just the
right phrase. "Blow me!" might be just fine for a website
devoted to sailors (or ex Presidents) :)

John Galt

John

Latin is good - fly below the radar, adds a touch of class and all that rot.

I remember when the LA legislature outlawed S#@T HAPPENS! bumper stickers resulting in STUFF HAPPENS! replacements and S__T HAPPENS! for the diehards.

Perhaps we should reserve the Blow Me flags for the front line younger ER's who wish to 'make a statement', 'storm the barricades', etc., etc.

Shoot Chuck, I missed this the first time around.

Just laughed my butt off. In fact, milk came out of my nose again.

Shoot Chuck, I missed this the first time around.

Just laughed my butt off.  In fact, milk came out of my nose again.
I used to own cattle that didn't produce as much milk as TH's nose. :)

Milk thru the nose is better than beer - trust me I've done both. Now cattle that produced both beef and beer - that would really be something.

I'm filing a patent for a nasal milk irrigation system.

I feel that the nasal milk irrigation system (nmis) is possibly one of the most important developments in nasal irrigation history.

Many people have put forth products and ideas on NI, but their work has fallen short. NI is often not even considered as part of anyones overall nasal strategy.

In particular, the studies and supporters of historical nasal irrigation processes (hnip) found at the nasal irrigation home page (nihp...please dont confuse this with hnip) are misleading and offer false hope to those seeking a true nasal irrigation system (tnip). This makes me feel a little good and a little sad. Probably because I'm bipolar.

Its always been clear that those who believe in irrigation of the nasal passages with beer might not ever agree with those who feel milk is a better option. I certainly didnt want any friction between the two. But since milk often appears from the nose even when it hasnt been introduced recently, it seems to be the obvious choice.

When JREWING and I looked at the historical events of spontaneous nasal milk production and the apparent benefits of nasal milk irrigation (hesnmp/abnm), we noticed that by adding two and two we often got five. This revelation knocked our socks off. We could hardly believe it. Wow. This changed everything, and our only choice was to bombard every discussion on anything to divert it back to a discussion of nasal irrigation. We had to save peoples noses. It had to be done. Someone had to make the stand and tell the tough story. Beer just doesnt work.

What came next was unexpected. The joint went out and we had lost the lighter. We looked high and low, but we couldnt find it. After careful analysis we determined that the lighter in fact had never existed. It was just something we had imagined. This restored our confidence in the project.

Just then I noticed that JREWING had fallen asleep and looked exactly like sleeping beauty. When I leaned forward to give him his wakeup kiss, I noticed that the lighter was in his shirt pocket.

This revelation just about made me lose my marbles. In fact, milk began running freely from my nose. "I must go tell them, I must! I must tell people about this over and over and over and over and over and over and (what? oh yeah) and over and over. Wait. Before I do that, I need to go tell them. They have to know. Knowing is important. Its the most important thing.

However, if anyone plays "word games" about NMIS and wants to engage in conversations about HNIP, we'll clearly put an immediate stop to that activity. Its counter productive to talk about alternatives. That can only create unnecessary friction.

Sleepy. So sleepy. But must go on...

Need to do something with my "tool". First I need a tool. Any tool. A tool that works.

Which reminds me, I once worked with a Brit in my home brew days - who claimed the 'true' way was to ferment your beer flat and drink it that way.

This being twenty years ago - may have been a precursor to a specialized subset of nasal irrigation - although he never used the term. Hmmmm - perhaps a way for the lactose intolerant. Sort of like clotheslines for people who don't have dryers - but understand the fundamental underlying principles of dryer sheet recyling.

ER theorywise - one can discern the the fundamental connection between the picture at the start of this thread - blowing milk out your nose - and the step daughter in the spare room who arrives with her own computer/AOL account. A virtuous circle.

Its only important if your step daughter nasally irrigates with milk. Really.

I dont know how ***** does it. I'm sick of doing this already. :p

Back
Top Bottom