The obesity thread impact on our boards

After the obesity debacle, I believe that the moderators are . . .

• more likely to lock a thread because they are petty and vindictive. They are going to take it out o

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • going to make the same decisions because the guidelines for locking a thread are rigid and specific.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • They are less likely to lock a topic because this has been painful and they will want to avoid it in

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Never clicked that thread so I have no idea what this is about.

THis is what I get from reading the Unread Posts top to bottom instead of vice-versa.

I vote "going to make the same decisions" basically.. but not "because the guidelines are rigid and specific. They allow no room for interpretation." I don't even get why this is an issue. The moderators are human. I think a board with NO moderators would be worse, so there will always be some element of judgment.

As people said elsewhere, a.) if you have something new or different to add you are not impeded from starting up a new topic on the same subject.. just for a change of pace if nothing else, and b.) it's true that threads that are umpteen million pages are hard to follow; better to start off on a new branch.

It's like pruning a plant to help it grow more vigorously.

SG, why are you now "ancient"? Has this moderator thing caused you to age prematurely? Perk up!

Back
Top Bottom