The perfect FIRE gift

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
I just stumbled on to "the" gift:

img_479524_0_bdb85e0dcb9e264016b3768d8a000297.jpg

Hey, I like that! I figure that's the ONLY kind of clock I'll need in a few more weeks!

My employer always buys a nice Citizen's watch for the retiree. We really haven't figured out why, because EVERYONE that has retired from the joint laughs at the very thought of that....."What the h*ll do I need a frigging watch for now.....I'm not on a time schedule anymore!"

I guess I can sell my retirement watch on eBay and pick up one of those "day" clocks! :D

That's the gift I received from my best friend after my retirement last June! It's hanging on the wall in the family room. It's really handy. I can usually estimate what time of day it is if I need to, but sometimes I just can't remember what day it is no matter how hard I try. So I glance up at my retirement clock and it tells me. By then I've probably forgotten why it mattered........ ;)

My parents need one. They keep forgetting if it is the weekend or not.

I am so getting one of those. A few days ago I had to run an errand across town and I was stunned by the traffic I ran into. The words "Don't you people have jobs?" were spoke aloud several times. Then I realized it was Saturday.

Those DayClock guys ship pretty quickly.

I guess I'll be bringing these to retirement parties for a while, and for you collectors here's an interesting CPA disclaimer at the bottom of my BIL's e-mail:

"Hi [Nords]:

I opened the box. The clock arrived in good shape. When I retire I need one of those also...

-- [BIL]

Disclaimer: IRS Rules of Practice require us to inform you that to the extent this written communication, including any attachments, contains a discussion of any federal tax matter, it is not intended or written by us to be used by anyone (i) for the purpose of avoiding federal tax penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Should you wish to discuss the implications of this statement or have questions about its meaning, do not hesitate to call our office. Rest assured that this is not intended to reflect a change in the careful and considered manner in which [the company] provides tax advice."

Love it. I'm always forgetting what day it is. I recently called my bank branch in Florida to inquire about something and was forwarded to their national call center because it was Saturday at 4:30am in the U.S.. :LOL:

I only know what day of the week it is when I get a really fat paper full of ads (its sunday) and when football is on (its either sunday or monday).

I also usually have no idea what the date is. I've been off by a week or more, and once thought it was a different month.

My insurance agent is thoroughly tickled by the fact that I'm never wearing shoes when I stop by.

Love it!

Just remember to check the date and day of the week before you go for a physical or any medical exam. Don't want to fail one of those mental status tests. ::)

Sandy said:
Just remember to check the date and day of the week before you go for a physical or any medical exam. Don't want to fail one of those mental status tests. ::)
No no no, it's a trick question-- don't fall for it!

Working people have to know the date/day. If retirees are keeping track of that trivia then there's clearly something wrong with them...

I found myself having a conversation with another retiree: "No, I went surfing this morning so I'm almost positive it's Wednesday!"

Now I'd better go shave before that I forget it's Thursday. Or Monday...

Hey, could be worse. You could have been me, calling the car dealer and trying to get them to fix my car on christmas day.

"Hmm...looks like the 25th is open for me..." (long silence) "Sorry sir, but we dont work on christmas..."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom