The women are finally catching up with the men..

The photo on the article's page paints a different picture. Look at it closely.

The photo on the article's page paints a different picture. Look at it closely.

Agreed. I'll sometimes see an attractive woman who appears to be younger than what I would think based on other things, and I'll look at her hands. Hands show wrinkles, veins, age spots. And no makeup to cover anything. That man's hand looks older than the woman's to me.

From the article -
But there's a problem: The men don't get it. They are stuck in the old biology of aging. They, too, are looking for younger partners.

:confused: Sounds like they 'get it' just fine. As an 'old codger' I worked with said, "when they turn 40, you turn 'em in for two twenties!" :ROFLMAO:

-ERD50

It's odd the title says one thing and the picture depicts something to the contrary. Looks like the proofreaders didn't proof the picture.

The only couple that is interviewed in the story is an 85 year old woman married to a "nearly 87" year old man. Maybe women say they want younger men, but the experts in the article do not say women are getting younger men.

Hmmmm...I've always liked men....no matter the age. I've never asked to see a birth certificate. ;)

Agreed. I'll sometimes see an attractive woman who appears to be younger than what I would think based on other things, and I'll look at her hands. Hands show wrinkles, veins, age spots.
-ERD50

Good point, ERD50. People need to moisturize etc. their hands and necks, as well as their faces, cause that's what shows age most.:( But all is not lost, cause you can perk those spots up with a little work...trust me.:)

Frankly, I think the whole age difference preference thing is creepy. Then again, DW and I are within 3 months of age from each other, so maybe it is just "endowment bias."

I prefer more mature men. I always have. By more mature, I mean someone who is at least 5 years older than I.
I have never related well to men of my own age group*, especially when I was under 30. I think it was because I had to responsible for myself a lot earlier than my female friends. Not a complaint, just a fact. :cool:

*I gave up babysitting when I was a teenager. :LOL:

I suppose it balances out... older men seem to go for younger women.

I did it... my DW is 3 mos. younger than me!

I prefer more mature men. I always have. By more mature, I mean someone who is at least 5 years older than I.
I have never related well to men of my own age group*, especially when I was under 30. I think it was because I had to responsible for myself a lot earlier than my female friends. Not a complaint, just a fact. :cool:

*I gave up babysitting when I was a teenager. :LOL:

Most of my male friends have been younger.

Back
Top Bottom