This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilly here with chance of frost tonight. We're just west enough here in NW Ohio not be in the path of the storm. Hopefully it will melt off fast for you!
So far my area (SE of the eastern end of Lake Ontario) will be on the barest of fringes of the worst predicted precipitation rates. But all it takes is a little change in wind direction :(...I have the hatches all battened down.

Take care, those of you in snow and ice country!

It's beautiful here today. 80F with clear, sunny skies and a light breeze.

6 to 12" is predicted for SW PA. Snow that is.

This freak big snow expected here tonight and tomorrow is quite a shock to my system. If it is really bad, I plan to call in to my office in the morning and take a vacation day. I have an old Land Cruiser in the garage and would have no problems driving the 3 hilly miles I would have to go. But it might be that I just don't want to try.

Danmar said:
100 degrees in Phoenix today. As they say it is a dry heat. Beautiful. Lots of pool time.

100 today here in Vegas today too, but the pool water temp is way too cold yet to swim! It was 45 degrees here last weekend for goodness sake! What is up with this...winter to summer no spring!

Last edited:
It's fry an egg on the sidewalk time in Phoenix. 102 today with 5% humidity. Plus we have had .25 inches of rain in the first 3 months of the year - normal is 3 inches. And none so far in April.

Have fun in the snow.

Take care, those of you in snow and ice country!

It's beautiful here today. 80F with clear, sunny skies and a light breeze.

A warm light breeze....

I dream wistfully of the return of spring. One gets very cranky when you have Spring and it goes away. Maybe it is a corollary to Hooke's law. Low 40s for a high tomorrow. Below freezing both nights. Having guests up Saturday to enjoy the warm spring weather by doing something outdoors. Not. They are good sports because they are coming and bringing their board games.

A warm light breeze....

I dream wistfully of the return of spring. One gets very cranky when you have Spring and it goes away. Maybe it is a corollary to Hooke's law. Low 40s for a high tomorrow. Below freezing both nights. Having guests up Saturday to enjoy the warm spring weather by doing something outdoors. Not. They are good sports because they are coming and bringing their board games.
IMHO; Hot weather is great for bugs. snakes, lizards, many veggies, and some people on meds.

Last edited:
A warm light breeze....

Perfect JazzFest weather here too, for a change. After all the years with torrential rains or cold snaps, regular JazzFest visitors have the best weather possible this year. :dance: The other side of that coin is the traffic, which was awful this afternoon.

Hope you get your spring weather back soon. :(

Just emerged from a massive line of thunderstorms that produced a tornado warning here... and 2.5" of rain in about 90 minutes. That's over 6" of rain we've had here since Friday night. I could have done without the hail and the wind (and the tornado warning) but we do need the rain... and the next few days calls for a good chance of a few more rains.

The rain is still coming but it should be lighter from here on out for a few hours.

Man oh man, it is hot here today (by local standards) - currently 95 degrees. I am loving it :). I recall how, when I was working, Memorial Day was the day you looked forward to after an interminable winter. The prior holiday/day off was MLK day way back in January :facepalm:

It's hawt...101 degrees...104 expected in a couple of days.
sFun_hot.gif

So, you took these pictures while out biking? Impressive!

PS. Never mind. I saw the source of the photos. Still you may be close enough to see with own eyes.

Last edited:
Dunno! You could be climbing a nearby hill for what I know...

We had a major thunder and lightning storm last night with rain and wind. This afternoon it's raining cats and dogs.

And to think I moved here for the weather LOL!

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom