This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, it is pouring rain at the moment. On the news just now they showed live footage of some sort of military band waiting to participate in a Mardi Gras parade, standing in formation in the pouring rain. Their camoflauge clothes were soaked through, as much as if they had been swimming in them. The water was streaming off their trumpets and other instruments, as well as noses, chins, and so on. They will be chilled to the bone before the night is done, poor guys.

Last edited:
Today we have some really bad weather coming through. Right now there's an intense thunderstorm going on with rain that could best be described as a windy deluge, and tornados, high winds, and other nasty stuff is predicted.

Floats (especially the big ones) do not do well in this type of weather, especially high winds. F. was marching behind a float that was tragically blown off an overpass back in 1969. Stories like his are why several of the parades cancelled. Endymion (probably the biggest) is still scheduled to start in 3-4 hours. The city managed to say with a straight face that people shouldn't show up for Endymion until an hour beforehand. :ROFLMAO: As if!! As usual, people have been camped out for days to get a good spot for Endymion.

Last edited:
Winter comes to the mountains...

Attachments

• Feb 2012 014.JPG
    Feb 2012 014.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Feb 2012 030.JPG
    Feb 2012 030.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Feb 2012 023.JPG
    Feb 2012 023.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 2
I finally purchased a weather radio. We really need it here in Alabama, especially with the spring time coming up. Hoping no more tornados!!!

Tornados touching down in the Dallas area.
sFun_tornado.gif

So far so good at the bbbamI household.

Stay safe my friends in Texas!!!! And please keep us updated! :flowers:
Thank you....we're fine. :greetings10:

It looks like the worst is moving away from our area and is headed east. Some rain, thunder and lightning is all we got.

There are many areas were houses were severely damaged. All the info is not in right now, but at this point there are no reports of fatalities. Right now the confirmed number of tornados is seven. I'm sure that number will go up.

Tornados in Dallas - - how awful. :eek: I'm glad you are OK, BbbamI, and that the worst is headed out.

Here in New Orleans, it's 90F, hot hot hot, sunny, very humid. Tomorrow we have a slight risk of strong storms but probably just ordinary rain.

You're in the cross hairs of one right now. Be careful...
For a while there, I felt like a big ol' fat turkey....didn't know if I should zig or zag. :p

Tornados in Dallas - - how awful. :eek: I'm glad you are OK, BbbamI, and that the worst is headed out.

Here in New Orleans, it's 90F, hot hot hot, sunny, very humid. Tomorrow we have a slight risk of strong storms but probably just ordinary rain.
Thank you....:flowers: I sure hope your weather tomorrow is not nasty, that's for sure.

I feel sorry for all the people that have damage to their homes. But the part that frightened me the most was when thousands of people were stuck in gridlock on the roads with tornados all around them.

I feel sorry for all the people that have damage to their homes. But the part that frightened me the most was when thousands of people were stuck in gridlock on the roads with tornados all around them.

That's terrifying, b/c being in a car during a tornado is one of the worst places to be. Glad you all are ok.

I just saw the news coverage. It showed a gigantic tornado, tossing what I guess were parts of 18-wheelers up into the air. :eek: It looked awful.

For a while there, I felt like a big ol' fat turkey....didn't know if I should zig or zag. :p
At that 2:30 pm post, I was looking at a projected path for one of the hook echoes. It looked like it had you lined up within a mile or so. Pretty spooky. Glad to hear all is well.

At that 2:30 pm post, I was looking at a projected path for one of the hook echoes. It looked like it had you lined up within a mile or so. Pretty spooky. Glad to hear all is well.

I'm still waiting to hear a post back from our friends who live in Richardson, Tx. Her last post on facebook 60 minutes ago was "why is ice falling on my house." She has not responded to my posts, and I'm starting to get worried. Hoping, hoping that it is just that electricity/internet is out. We do not have their current phone numbers so I can't even call them. Have you all heard any reports out of Richardson? I heard on my local news that there was damage there. :(

I'm still waiting to hear a post back from our friends who live in Richardson, Tx. Her last post on facebook 60 minutes ago was "why is ice falling on my house." She has not responded to my posts, and I'm starting to get worried. Hoping, hoping that it is just that electricity/internet is out. We do not have their current phone numbers so I can't even call them. Have you all heard any reports out of Richardson? I heard on my local news that there was damage there. :(
No tornado touchdowns in Richardson that I'm aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if there were power outages in that area though. Keeping our fingers crossed for your friends, sg.

No tornado touchdowns in Richardson that I'm aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if there were power outages in that area though. Keeping our fingers crossed for your friends, sg.

Thank you so much for that report - gives me a bit of breathing room!!!!

Our friends just reported in that they are ok. What a relief!

Ahhhh....thank you for looking out for me. It's a very nice feeling.... :)

Now we have a tornado warning in New Orleans, with a tornado possibly on the ground in the Ponchartrain Park neighborhood. The line of storms that produced Dallas's tornados won't even get here for 3-4 hours, though. This is another storm that just popped up out of nowhere and looks like it is headed out to the lake, luckily.

This storm is producing 1-1.5 inch hail in small patchy areas. None here yet. Still, I wish I had a garage for my Venza.... I'd settle for a carport. :)

Last edited:

Thank you....:flowers: I sure hope your weather tomorrow is not nasty, that's for sure.

I'm really glad that all is well at your house and in your family.

Did you see the photos of big over-the-road trailers that got picked up and thrown around down around Arlington? Scary indeed.

Ha

Dallas has only had one major tornado in its 171-year history: April 2, 1957 F-3 which killed 10 people.

Dallas has only had one major tornado in its 171-year history: April 2, 1957 F-3 which killed 10 people.

Perhaps in Dallas proper, but not in the Metroplex. In 1994 Lancaster was hit with an F4 that killed several people and was just hit again yesterday. Fort Worth was hit with an F3, I think back around 2000 that was also pretty devastating.

Since I had my roof replaced last year for the 4th time, I was relieved not to get hammared yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom