This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ziggy..it's 38 degrees here and from the forecast, 'they' are predicting 1-3 inches of snow. Hmmm...we'll see....:)

The narrow, fast-moving squall line along the front is here right at this second. It will probably be past in a few minutes. For a while, wind gusts were blowing the rain sideways! Exciting and fun, but this has been much weaker and less severe than predicted (thank goodness). It shouldn't bother our plans for tonight. :D

Snow in Texas? How exciting! :)

Hey, we just got in from shoveling ice that packed down on
about 3 inches of new fallen snow to go with the 12 inches
we already have on the ground here in Wisconsin...going to
go down to the bar and have a few cold ones and then again look for anything sharp or the bullets to the gun my wife hides on me.....it really sucks here...you guys got it good....out

Did you have to go somewhere today? I'm 20 miles from you so I know you're going to get rain today that should melt the ice. It's possible we could get a mix that will freeze again but why go out if you don't have to? You could just stay inside when the weather is bad like this. That's one of the best things about being retired(i'd imagine).

Current local temperature: 57degF. I am still in my perennial Bermuda shorts and polo shirt. The lack of snow here doesn't seem to prevent people from enjoying Christmas, however.

I remember in early December 1998, we wandered through downtown Auckland amidst city decorations and store decorations for Christmas. It felt weird as it was summertime for them, but I guess that's what people down-under know.

The sleet has turned to snow. 30 Degrees and headed lower.

Whoopeee!!

White Christmas. Stayed North this year and didn't drive to New Orleans or Florida or Arizona or Alabama or San Diego.

Even at 4 yrs since Katrina - snow hasn't gotten old yet.

heh heh heh - that and being in ER helps timing of not 'having' to drive. :cool:.

The sleet has turned to snow. 30 Degrees and headed lower.

Whoopeee!!

White Christmas. Stayed North this year and didn't drive to New Orleans or Florida or Arizona or Alabama or San Diego.

Even at 4 yrs since Katrina - snow hasn't gotten old yet.

heh heh heh - that and being in ER helps timing of not 'having' to drive. :cool:.

Sounds like fun, Unclemick!!! Enjoy the snow, and Merry Christmas. :)

It's been snowing since 1 p.m. The temp is 28 degrees and the wind is really kickin' up. I took a pic just a minute ago of the backyard. From the pic it looks like we're getting snowflakes the size of baseballs...:LOL:

Attachments

• DSC01196.jpg
    DSC01196.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 4
Heh....my son is still plodding along somewhere west of here trying to make it home. He gave up on I-20 somewhere around Abilene. Wrecks everywhere. He's been in 4 wheel drive for 60 miles on the back roads last we heard.

Yeah Poundkey...snow sure can slow things down, especially in TX. I'm sure he'll be just fine. :)

We had about 8 inches early yesterday. During a break in the storm I managed to pull out the telemark skis and trudged around the old farm. Snowshoes probably would have been easier. We are thinking about firing up the old sauna and throw some steam to warm our bones. During the night last night we got about another foot and it is still coming down. Time to heat up the sauna again. Expected total is about 24 inches. We will wait a day for the upper midwest to plow out and then I am heading south of here. :)

034.JPG

Last edited:
Just check on the Web the temperature in my boonies home area: 30F high, and 6F low!

We got our glazing of ice and some fine sleet overnight. The good news is it will warm up today and turn to rain except in higher elevations. The bad news is I live in one of those darn "higher elevations". :(

Our weather is wonderful. Christmas in these parts is usually grey and soggy, but for the last few days it has been beautiful. Sunny, clear, and only cold enugh to keep you from sweating up your clothes.

I think I'll soon finish my drawn-out breakfast and head downtown. If I see anything intersting, I'll put up some video. I got a Mino camcorder yesterday. Smaller than a pack of cigarettes. I expect to have it with me most of the time from now on.

Ha

Our weather is also great . Yesterday the sun came out just in time for my big gathering . Some people ate out on the deck and with the lights overlooking the water it was picture perfect . The kids all went outside as soon as they ate and played until it was time to leave except for Ashley who granted me the privilege of playing with the doll house I bought her .

I was checking the weather in Sarasota,FL(possible retirement or earlier relocation destination) and they had a windchill advisory because it was 34 degrees with the windchill! That's laughable! It's 40 degrees colder here and no advisory.

Rain this afternoon.
No golf in south Mississippi.
Looking for nice weather tomorrow in the 50's and no rain.
Golf then.

Weather had been ok. 32 at night. 55 during the day. I prefer 40 at night and 60 during the day for the winter. However, such is life deal with the changes. I had to put on pants the last few weeks instead of shorts. A bit of rain too. The leaves...really I cant stand them. I suspect I would only be happy in Hawaii.

I wish humans could hibernate. If I could I'd sleep until April. The last of last week's two-foot snowfall was almost gone and now it's snowing again. Last night temp went to 16 F. From now until April I go outside to go to work and buy food. That's it.

I gave up on the motorcycle and put it in the shed with a fresh oil change, stabilized fuel, a battery tender and covered it up. With all the riding gear I'm good for short rides down to the 30's but below that it's just not fun anymore and with ice the hazard from melting snow it's probably unwise to keep riding. Ya think?

DW is happy to have the bike out of the garage. Now she can open the passenger door on her car and I don't have to fold the mirrors on the truck.

We had about 8 inches early yesterday. During a break in the storm I managed to pull out the telemark skis and trudged around the old farm. Snowshoes probably would have been easier. We are thinking about firing up the old sauna and throw some steam to warm our bones. During the night last night we got about another foot and it is still coming down. Time to heat up the sauna again. Expected total is about 24 inches. We will wait a day for the upper midwest to plow out and then I am heading south of here. :)
You're poor Statue of David! Having to stand next to that cold window naked! Brrrrrrr!!!! :D

When you make it down to south TX look us up! We on our way back - hopefully be there Jan 1st to stay for several months while they build our house. We're staying in Retama Village.

Audrey

P.S. Speaking of awful weather - that heavy rain system forced us off the road before noon yesterday. Pulled into a CampingWorld in Hammond LA to wait it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish humans could hibernate. If I could I'd sleep until April. The last of last week's two-foot snowfall was almost gone and now it's snowing again. Last night temp went to 16 F. From now until April I go outside to go to work and buy food. That's it.

Well y'know, from what you have said you don't really HAVE to work though it gives you something to do, provides extra spending money, and so on.

And as for food... if you stock up your pantry and freezer, you could probably last a month or so easily.

It seems to me that the job and food are not really what is sending you outside in the snow. It's the lack of something you enjoy doing that would keep you busy and happy while inside at home. But then, I guess anybody would get "cabin fever" after a while.

That's a lot of snow.

It's -34 degrees Centigrade outside (or -29.2 Fahrenheit). Brrrrr! Time for a hot breakfast. Better plug the car in.....well, at least the sun is shining on the new decade! ;)

It's 66 and rainy here . Great day to stay inside and read . Instead of pork and sauerkraut this year we are having ribs and coleslaw .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom